Duck possibly attacked or sick

Unfortunately no, no vets in the area who will look at 'exotics'. (well, there's one, but I don't have 300 dollars to fork over for the exotics fee) :(

I'll add some electrolytes to her water and then leave her be for awhile.

No sign from Mr. Owl, and the other ducks are looking fine. Splashing around in the pool.

Unfortunately no, no vets in the area who will look at 'exotics'. (well, there's one, but I don't have 300 dollars to fork over for the exotics fee) :(

I'll add some electrolytes to her water and then leave her be for awhile.

No sign from Mr. Owl, and the other ducks are looking fine. Splashing around in the pool.
Are you sure about your duck being attacked?
If i were you, i would also try to give her some charcoal, just in case she ate something poisonous. I don't know where you are located, here in WV I am seeing a lot of hairy caterpillars and one of my runners fell sick two weeks ago. The shaking concerns me, also the lack of interest in her surroundings.

It's always possible she could have ingested something bad. I was assuming a predator due to the ducks quacking and the fearful way the chickens were acting, but we had a rainstorm recently with a lot of runoff that goes directly across our yard.

I have a bag of charcoal 'bricks' but not activated charcoal. How would you typically give it to a duck? Sprinkled over their food? It wouldn't hurt.

I am planning on picking up some activated charcoal a little later.

She's finally stopped standing in one spot and has lied down. She quacked quietly when I approached and looked at me. She heard the other ducks quacking in the background and kept trying to look in that direction.

Still no eating/drinking. I tried to entice her with lettuce and she's ignoring it.

Yes. I also noticed a strange 'line' along the side of the white on her neck. Nothing piercing the skin. Maybe some squeezing on her chest, which caused some neck pain. She is looking much better than she looked when I found her. She was just standing there shaking, barely aware I was there and hardly able to keep her eyes open.

Hopefully that she's looking better is a good thing. I'm going to put her in the garage in her tote overnight so she's safe from predators.

I don't want to put her in the duck coop tonight since she has a 'twin' and if she is better tomorrow I wouldn't be able to tell which one...

Back
Top Bottom