Duck puke?

SolarDuck

Free Ranging
Jan 31, 2020
Okay so I just got back from the vet with my other duck, I looked out back penguin seemed fine at first, after a couple minutes I looked out back and saw her puking up some water, I looked at it and it looks like some food came out too. She doesn't seem to be in pain or acting abnormally she just took a drink and went back to acting normal right away, should I be concerned?

Attachments

• 20210125_170339.jpg
    20210125_170339.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
My ducks have thrown up for a number of reasons.

They ate too much.
Anxiety (one is very scared of car rides to the vet).
They tripped and fell on their full crops.

This hasn't happened very often, maybe 1-3 times a year, depending on how frequently we have to go to the vet. I've always known the reason why, and so I didn't worry much or do anything special. My ducks were always fine.

I hope Penguin is fine, too.

I think maybe she just filled her mouth with too much food? She seems to be acting completely normally otherwise so I am not too worried about it. Just wanted to see if I should be concerned.

Okay so I just got back from the vet with my other duck, I looked out back penguin seemed fine at first, after a couple minutes I looked out back and saw her puking up some water, I looked at it and it looks like some food came out too. She doesn't seem to be in pain or acting abnormally she just took a drink and went back to acting normal right away, should I be concerned?
I've seen my ducks do this after a heavy feeding.
Goofballs!
I often wonder what my dogs would do if I offered them more food than their tummies can hold, but I love them too much.

Back
Top Bottom