Duck Respiratory Help

She still has a little cough and still looks little down. I figure that it's sort of like when we get sick, we feel worse before we feel better. She's eating and playing just kind of down. The temperature swings here are goofy and I'm wondering if I should just keep her inside for a while or let her be out in the fresh air. I have been bringing them in at night, even though they have a coop in the backyard, because the temperatures have been in the 20s and she's not feeling well, and they're kind of spoiled rotten. It snowed 8" last Thursday and it was 60 the next day. Should I be keeping her inside or do the temps/weather not really bother them?

When sick they need to be kept warm so if you can keep her in a warm place but bear in mind she’ll need to acclimate back out to the cold temps slowly once she is feeling good again. Any way you can find some antibiotics? I know you can order on line maybe @casportpony can suggest one to treat respiratory ailments .

Thanks, I sent her a message. I just hope she's ok. Since she's been sick, she really doesn't have a problem sitting in the box in the basement all day, it's the other duck that just quacks and quacks and tries to get her to come out. Eventually she'll go cuddle up next to her because they can't be too far apart from each other.

Back
Top Bottom