Duck Shoes

It seems the main negative reviews say that they never got their item, but maybe they just didn't wait long enough? I have heard it can take several months for them that particular company to ship things so I think most of the negative reviews are related to that, they have an average of 4.1/5 stars on their Facebook reviews. @countryladyNH the thing you ordered could potentially still show up, it just sometimes takes that specific company a very long time
I got mine in 3 weeks both times, and they did have to custom make them. I wonder if they sold the company, or are getting too much business to keep up with it something.

You are mistaken. People waited far longer and never got their things. The contact info for them is bogus. My emails to them all came back as 'undeliverable'. Paypal has had so many complaints against them that when I talked to them they said they may be dropping them from Paypal. I had to file complaint as well to get my money back. I don't think you read all the other's reviews. If you want to order from these scammers that is your business. I was just trying to warn you and save you a LOT of misery and hassle.
Thank you for the warning. I hope the real people behind the company are ok.

I had issues with that company as well. Waiting half a year and filed a complaint and refund with PayPal. Got the shoes elsewhere later.

As for the shoes, I use them for multiple healing stages. For example, if one duck is starting to have a small sign of infection but not really an infection yet, I would put a special ointment on then the booties to cushion and protect the feet. Whenever I use the boots, I block their access to the pond.

I also use it for whenever I have to remove a scan or bumble foot, or the bet does it for me. I change the bandage around the foot twice a day and then put the booties on top, to keep it dry as long as possible.

As mentioned earlier, I have to make sure to wrap around the top velcro because they are pros at removing them.

The booties are amazing.

I had issues with that company as well. Waiting half a year and filed a complaint and refund with PayPal. Got the shoes elsewhere later.

As for the shoes, I use them for multiple healing stages. For example, if one duck is starting to have a small sign of infection but not really an infection yet, I would put a special ointment on then the booties to cushion and protect the feet. Whenever I use the boots, I block their access to the pond.

I also use it for whenever I have to remove a scan or bumble foot, or the bet does it for me. I change the bandage around the foot twice a day and then put the booties on top, to keep it dry as long as possible.

As mentioned earlier, I have to make sure to wrap around the top velcro because they are pros at removing them.

The booties are amazing.
Why can’t they swim with the bootie on? Just curious. I have a girl who, after toe amputation surgery is having al kind of problems. I’d love to see if the bootie will help her walk a bit easier.

Why can’t they swim with the bootie on? Just curious. I have a girl who, after toe amputation surgery is having al kind of problems. I’d love to see if the bootie will help her walk a bit easier.
The booties don't form a waterproof seal, so the inside gets wet. Then the booties hold that water against their feet making their skin pruney, wrinkly, ect. Imagine wearing a wet sock all day.

But, unlike other bandages the boots are quick to take off and put on. So I find it easy to remove them for swimming time.

Like KaleIam said. Also, if they are healing, you don't want water going into the area, the bootie is there to protect it.

You could use the bootie during the day and take off at night for your duck with the amputated toe. Also, having a place they can swim will help a lot with keeping the weight off the feet.

My duck had a broken leg when young. We did surgery to have it heal properly. She uses it, but her ability to move the foot forwards and backwards is limited. She can do it when moving slow but not fast. So she hobbles on the joint when moving fast. So we built a 700 gallon swimming area in their coop to help keep the weight off all the time.

Like KaleIam said. Also, if they are healing, you don't want water going into the area, the bootie is there to protect it.

You could use the bootie during the day and take off at night for your duck with the amputated toe. Also, having a place they can swim will help a lot with keeping the weight off the feet.

My duck had a broken leg when young. We did surgery to have it heal properly. She uses it, but her ability to move the foot forwards and backwards is limited. She can do it when moving slow but not fast. So she hobbles on the joint when moving fast. So we built a 700 gallon swimming area in their coop to help keep the weight off all the time.
Wow, that’s great what you did. Amazing what we are willing to do for our ducks!

DO NOT ORDER FROM THOSE PEOPLE. THERE IS NOT ONE GOOD REVIEW ONLINE! EVEN THEIR OWN FACEBOOK IS FULL OF BAD REVIEWS. I FILED PAYPAL CLAIM TO GET MY MONEY BACK. FOUND GOOD ONES AND GOOD COMPANY, 'CRAZY K. FARM'.
I agree and disagree. They used to send out orders quicker because they had fewer customers. I ordered a pair of boots for my OEGB, very tiny boots, haha. I ordered the boots a year ago, yes, a year ago. I have emailed 5+ times with no answer. They took 50+ dollars through PayPal, and I don´t know how to get a refund if they don´t answer any emails. My hen does not need them anymore, and I am disappointed and frustrated. I understand Nettie makes everything, but they should not accept your order if they have no time for it. I remember when they were a smaller company, and I trust them, but I am dissapointed.

On the PFP website it says on the contact us page ~

Due to a big surge in orders and COVID19 delays, we currently cannot respond to every message inquiring about the status of an order. Replies can significantly cut into our time for sewing, delays shipping orders, and mostly have the same response: We are working very hard on all orders as quickly as possible. We greatly appreciate your patience & understanding. If you need to contact us, please put your concern in the subject line, and please allow us a couple days to get back to you. Thank you!

They never answer, and they could update me on the order. I would be delighted with a sentence telling me how the boots are.

Back
Top Bottom