Duck stamp contest

Your artwork- both photos and drawings are wonderful Darlene,

I used to draw alot- but these days, I just dont have the time. I wonder if it may be worth someone starting a thread on here about duck artwork and the the things people have crafted to do with ducks.?? It would be lovely to see what other people have done as well.

I can't even imagine the amount of Muscovy entries if they were allowed!! I have to say, I am not a fan of that abstract one, love the woody hen with ducklings.
love.gif

Thanks Ducky!

Yes, that is an awesome painting of a gadwall drake. We had one at our lake that I loved until the owl got him. Have lots of photos of him for reference. He was one of the friendliest gadwalls I've ever seen.

Quote:
That's a male. Females look a lot like mallards, but with a white-ish belly and white speculums. They live all over North America, but are often shy. I never knew about what they were until I came to BYC.

Quote:
That's a male. Females look a lot like mallards, but with a white-ish belly and white speculums. They live all over North America, but are often shy. I never knew about what they were until I came to BYC.

We live above a mountain river and every once in while get to see a wild duck other than mallards, we have wood ducks pass through and we even put up a wood duck house and the high school put up wood duck house trying to bring them back here to our area but I've never seen any around except for short period of times in spring and fall, would love to see more wild ducks in our area. I don't think our river is very good for ground nesting ducks though, too many predators. our wood duck house thats on a tree down by the river has had a titmouse nest in it, how funny is that, this house is so big and I saw a titmouse going in and out of it. lol

Well, if I can make a great painting and afford the entry fee, then I just might.

As for making a new thread, I don't want to do it until I start creating duck art. But, if anyone else wants to do it now, please feel free. Lots of duck artists out there.

Back
Top Bottom