Duck Starter????

Just make sure NO MEDICATION! It will kill them.

whoa whoa whoa...never heard of this. Tho you shouldn't feed quails medicated feed, its mainly for fertility reasons. A few members on here use a medicated feed b/c it is all they can find, and their birds are fine.

I have NEVER heard anyone say that a medicated feed killed their birds <_<

be sure to check the protein levels in the feed.. the starter feed I give to my ducklings is only 20%

the starter I give my quail is 28%...

big difference there as ducks shouldn't have feed that's too high in protein.. but it's recommended to give quail higher protein feed

I know some on here have had to use chick starter for their quail and have said they did fine on it.. but the higher protein is what's usually recommended... so if you have to go with a lower protein feed because it's all you can get be sure to monitor them to make sure they are growing properly so you can catch any problems early on.

be sure to check the protein levels in the feed.. the starter feed I give to my ducklings is only 20%

the starter I give my quail is 28%...

big difference there as ducks shouldn't have feed that's too high in protein.. but it's recommended to give quail higher protein feed

I know some on here have had to use chick starter for their quail and have said they did fine on it.. but the higher protein is what's usually recommended... so if you have to go with a lower protein feed because it's all you can get be sure to monitor them to make sure they are growing properly so you can catch any problems early on.

Is there anything I could give to raise it higher (for chicks).....

you could put the feed & dried mealworms in a blender of sorts and blend it together, mealworms are about 50% protein.

yup.. I'm sure there are others who will weigh in on what else to add for extra protein..

for newly hatched chicks I put the game bird starter into a coffee grinder and powder it.. not sure how fine of particles your duck starter is.. but they will eat more as small chicks if the particles are super tiny

yup.. I'm sure there are others who will weigh in on what else to add for extra protein..

for newly hatched chicks I put the game bird starter into a coffee grinder and powder it.. not sure how fine of particles your duck starter is.. but they will eat more as small chicks if the particles are super tiny

Thanks guys (and Gals), Well, I want these little guys to be FAT. Not Bone showing... that's my goal..... I'm Use my coffee grinder and grind some up today.... Its a bit cold here (-31 Celsius)

Peanut kernels are really high protein too but I wouldn't feed them much of it because they're even higher in fat. Around 30.5% protein and 49.5% fat. Also make sure you don't feed them salted peanuts (very much salt isn't good for birds).

Back
Top Bottom