- - dUcK tAlK - -

is it medicated? (shouldn't be) ducklings need less protein (16-18%) then chicks and they need more niacin. you can mix oatmeal (like household quaker oats) at a 4-1 or 5-1 ratio (chick starter to oats) and you can add people niacin to their water

i just bought the biggest canister of walmart brand. but if you go to a feed store ask for rolled oats, that's what they are, but the i think you'll go the other way and end up with 50 lbs!

Quote:
I have a child's playhouse for the adult couple, you know the one....pink door...green windows...blue roof, that I started using in the early Spring when the nights were still pretty cold. Their feed is in there now out of the rain but they sure don't sleep in there lol! They just love the freedom of the outdoors.

smile.png

Quote:
I hope that you're able to post the pics cause I have a shed that will be empty come winter and I'd like to actully see how it's done
smile.png

Quote:
I have Purina duck grower on order at the co-op ...would you think that there'd be enough niacin in that?

Also want to thank you for the oat suggestion! I was told to buy Brewers yeast and could only find it at a healthfood store (I'm sure that I could find it elsewhere but was running out of time) which was darned expensive...$20/1 lb.

Rainbow,
I'll try again on the photos after I get home from the office.
caf.gif
On my lunch break now. The shed thing works great, I am right no in process of redoing the bales and putting wood planks down to avoid getting the lower row of bales damp. I will take some new photos as we go to add the solar to it and the chicken coop.
as for the duckling feed I have used laying crumbles with good results. May have to wet it to a mush for the first few days but your duckling should do fine on it dry also later on.
yippiechickie.gif
My juveniles are on aa mixture of laying crumbles and poultry grain mixture.

Good luck Karan

Opps
idunno.gif
I had already loaded 3 photos and accidentally closed it
he.gif
out so here I go again

We have been at a 4H BBQ
tongue.png
boy did I get full. I got to help shoot off the fireworks
wee.gif
Fun Fun

Here my DH decided to work on our greenhouse some tonight he is out there right now Isn't he great!!
love.gif

12535_p1010717b.jpg

Here are some photos of our Duck shed conversion. Peanut with some of his new 11 juvenile charges. He is a very good Stepdaddy
12535_p1010671b.jpg

12535_p1010686b.jpg

as you can see I have taken a couple of bales out
12535_p1010699.jpg

We just hung the light from the metal rafters
12535_p1010707b.jpg

Like I said it was my used garden/ storage shed, now its a Duck Condo
lol.png
This will be converted to solar soon I will post photos of the job my DH does
wink.png

I think I best go out and see how DH is Doing. He may want some help. Karan

Quote:
Thanks ...those are very easy to work with pics! If we don't get around to insulating the shed ...I will put up some bales for winter...we'll wait on your next pics lol!

Back
Top Bottom