Duck/turkey/geese hatch along!

Angel07

Songster
Mar 11, 2021
Victoria, Australia
So, thought I'd do a hatch along. I've currently got 18 duck eggs in the incubator at day 7. I've also got a turkey egg in at day 7. And a goose egg in at day 6. I'm going to be candeling later today. I'm hoping to get both the turkey and goose hatch and they both be girls.

Feel free to join in if you have anything to hatch!

Chucked out 2 other duck eggs and the turkey. It’s pretty sad because I really wanted a turkey because our turkey girl is missing, hoping she‘s sitting somewhere but not keeping our hopes up. The goose is still an unsure but the 14 remaining duck eggs seem to be going good.

Goose egg was infertile. Assumed so because it was from our youngest girl and I found it just sitting in the paddock. Oh well. I’ve still got 14 duck eggs plus the heaps out in the boxes still. If the girls don’t sit on them I’ll be bringing those in to hatch too. I’ve had a couple of people interested in ducks already so hopefully I can fulfil those orders and add some more hens to my flock while I’m at it.

So, good news. I have a duck out in the pen that was sitting on 12 eggs all morning. I tried to get an egg that was on the nest but wasn’t under her and she tried to bite me and pushed the egg under her. Assuming that means she’s starting to sit? She got off for a walk about 10 minutes ago but gave me the evil eye when I went into the coop to count the eggs.

4 ducklings hatched out of 10 that went into lockdown, 4 of which were not right but left there just in case. One extra was pretty much out of its shell but died and we're not sure what happened there. We had a couple power outages during incubation time so I think that affected the hatch rate a fair bit. Goose and turkey were both unfertalised like we assumed.

4 ducklings hatched out of 10 that went into lockdown, 4 of which were not right but left there just in case. One extra was pretty much out of its shell but died and we're not sure what happened there. We had a couple power outages during incubation time so I think that affected the hatch rate a fair bit. Goose and turkey were both unfertalised like we assumed.
Ah well!

Back
Top Bottom