Duck vomiting white chunks!

How's your duck, clbarley? I hope she made a full recovery. What ended up happening, did you pinpoint what was wrong?

I let my ducks out this morning, noticed one of them acting a little off, and watched until she shook her head and regurgitated/vomited/threw up some white chunks and white slime (not a whole lot). She went straight to a dirt pile after that and swallowed a few bites of dirt. I put out some fresh grit and noticed she ate a little of that too. Didn't see her eat much food, didn't see her really swallow water just rinse her mouth. I'm keeping an eye on her today to see if it gets worse or improves.

Anyways, I just wanted to see how it all played out for you in case this is something similar going on with my duck. Thank you!

Yes, I saw your suggestion and kicked myself for not feeling and smelling it this morning (gross, I know). But I probably would have been able to tell if it was yeast by the smell. If I see it come up again, I will have latex gloves nearby so I can give it a whiff.

If it resembles yeast, yogurt is on the dinner menu for tonight. I might even add a dose of genuine sauerkraut juice. Thanks Amiga!

I was also keeping in mind your info on chronic respiratory disease (I think you called it MG or GM, I'll look back).

Hello! She fully recovered and it took a very long time to get her to 100%. I have no idea what was wrong with her. We used herbal antibiotics, oregano oil and vitalerbs!

That's great! I'm so glad to hear!

My duck seems to be fine now.
fl.gif
It's almost like something was caught in her throat. I'm wondering if the white chunk that she spewed into the water bucket was a piece of oyster shell that got lodged in the wrong spot, so her body forced it up and out. Still, there was definitely white slime balls along with it. Wish I had investigated a lot more, but I was mostly focused on changing the water bucket real quick before anyone else drank from it.

Maybe your duck had something severely lodged in her throat (worse than mine), which would explain the difficulty breathing, not wanting/being able to eat and drink, and the vomiting as her body tried get it out. But if your treatment helped, then it probably was something else (the infection Amiga mentioned maybe). Who knows, I'm just glad to hear your duck is recovered now. It all seemed so similar to what happened this morning to my duck, except for the duration.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom