Duck vomiting white chunks!

When you feel her chest where she stores her food to grind it up someone said it's not a crop on a duck but we'll call it that because I looked up duck anatomy and couldn't find what it's called, but anyway how does it feel? is it hard or soft and pliable does it feel full or empty? with a chicken you can visually see when they have been eating good their crop on the right side of their chest looks nice and full, not so easy on a duck but you can feel if her breast bone is sharp she is not eating. I just am at a loss with this one I've seen people post about their ducks throwing up water but I don't know if I've ever heard of one throwing up anything else.
Hopefully with supportive care she'll get through this and get back to normal. They are amazing animals. That she is active is encouraging.

Honestly her being active is the only think that keeps me sane. She has gotten feisty back too. The first couple days she would allow me to pick her up when I wanted and never fought me. Which is unlike my ducks. Now she vocally protests but realizes she doesn't have a choice.

Tonight during her bath I'll try and get a picture of her vomiting. Just so you can see.

Her chest feels fine she doesn't feel to skinny to me. She has lost feathers though, I am hoping with keeping her in the house she gets her feathers back.

Honestly her being active is the only think that keeps me sane. She has gotten feisty back too. The first couple days she would allow me to pick her up when I wanted and never fought me. Which is unlike my ducks. Now she vocally protests but realizes she doesn't have a choice.

Tonight during her bath I'll try and get a picture of her vomiting. Just so you can see.

Her chest feels fine she doesn't feel to skinny to me. She has lost feathers though, I am hoping with keeping her in the house she gets her feathers back.
All good signs that she is feeling better, and i just read in your sig that you have 2 rescued Muscovy's have you had them all along?

We have had the Muscovys since the beginning of December.....it's a boy and a girl pair. They were dropped at a local pond with 3 others. The others were killed by a dog. Why do you ask?

The girl that is sick is one we hatched on our property in July.

We have had the Muscovys since the beginning of December.....it's a boy and a girl pair. They were dropped at a local pond with 3 others. The others were killed by a dog. Why do you ask?

The girl that is sick is one we hatched on our property in July.
Just wondering since I have Scovy's and I didn't think I'd seen you post on the Muscovy pics thread. When you get time please post pics of them.
Thank goodness you were able to rescue them before they met the same fate.

These were from our first day together. A lady from the apartment complex close to the pond called and told me about the ones that were attack and asked if I could come get these two. And of course I could. They obviously were pets, they were not super skittish of people and were starving. A little food and corralling they were ready to go.

This is from the quarantine stage! They didn't seem to mind, for the first couple days they slept a lot!

The boy is so big! A lot bigger than my khaki Campbell's. I love his head crest and this long tail he wags. He cracks me up!

I took this the other day to show my husband that the ducks refuse to go into shelter!

You can barely see the new ones in the back! All you see is the red of their heads. Lol

so precious

These were from our first day together. A lady from the apartment complex close to the pond called and told me about the ones that were attack and asked if I could come get these two. And of course I could. They obviously were pets, they were not super skittish of people and were starving. A little food and corralling they were ready to go.

I'm sure they were so happy to be in a secure place they needed the rest.

This is from the quarantine stage! They didn't seem to mind, for the first couple days they slept a lot!

The boy is so big! A lot bigger than my khaki Campbell's. I love his head crest and this long tail he wags. He cracks me up!

I took this the other day to show my husband that the ducks refuse to go into shelter!

You can barely see the new ones in the back! All you see is the red of their heads. Lol
Thats alot of ducks, do your KC mind them? they are all beautiful but solid white scovy's are stunning aren't they. I still have 2 my other girl passed away last fall of old age.

We have 29 ducks total. It wasn't suppose to happen but it did. We are moving 7 of the boys over to my garden area away from the girls they will be my garden boys. We have 10 boys and 19 girls. No they all get a long great honestly. The first couple days were interesting but now they all lay together, eat together, swim.

Back
Top Bottom