Duck vomiting white chunks!

Duck math (c:
It gets the best of us.
wink.png

We have 29 ducks total. It wasn't suppose to happen but it did. We are moving 7 of the boys over to my garden area away from the girls they will be my garden boys. We have 10 boys and 19 girls. No they all get a long great honestly. The first couple days were interesting but now they all lay together, eat together, swim
Glad to hear they all get along, keep us updated on how your girl is doing today.
fl.gif

I hope she is just taking her time - she had quite a bit of recovery to do. Bravo for you taking such good care of her - especially when it was so difficult to know what was wrong.

I hope she is just taking her time too. That is good news that she isn't puking anymore, is there anyway you can video her breathing? and do you have any Oxine ah or can you get some? it can be used in a humidifier to help with respiratory problems, it would be worth a few days of treatment just to see if it helped. Laying takes alot out of them too, be sure to let her get daily exercise to keep her muscles toned . I'll get you the info On Oxine ah. http://www.shagbarkbantams.com/oxine.htm

I haven't ever used it in a humidifier only misted my birds with it. Over their heads so it gently falls down onto their faces.

Last edited:
I was just wondering if you might try a little oil of oregano in a steaming bowl in the room with her - get some of that into her lungs. Just thinking out loud.

Even just a few drops in warm bath water while she's in it.

I do not have oil of oregano but I will pick some up! Actually I need to look in my goat medicine box I might in there.

Right now she does have a humidifier on 24/7. Someone suggested it up above and it helped her a ton. I guess that's what I'm trying to say she is a normal perfect duck if she is in a steamy hot room, within seconds if I take her out she shuts down. She will lower her head and she shakes.

She isn't in the little crate anymore, she is in a big dog crate. I take her up for at least two warm baths a day, three if I am home enough for it.

Thank you ladies!

Back
Top Bottom