Duck was attacked had to be pts I'm heartbroken

Everyone has lost a beloved animal at one point. I lost my gorgeous, beautiful head hen Liz. She had a tumor, and our vet made it clear our only choice was the surgery. It did not go well. Animals get sick, and hurt, and sometimes all you can do is give them a peaceful passing. Do you really want to keep a chicken who just sits there in pain? Chickens are meant to dig, and scratch, and play around. To your sweet hen, it was probably a blur, and then she woke up as strong as she was in her youth, and where every other chicken who passed is. You will get through this just fine. Chickens are meant to be super healthy and happy, and she would have never recovered, and if she somehow survived, she would be in pain for all her days. You did exactly what a responsible chicken owner would do. It would be someone who kept her in pain that I would worry isn’t doing the right thing. You just need to give it some time, and remind yourself of all the fun times you had with her, and not the one bad night. Would you really have chosen to never have her? You gave her the best life you could have given her, and you and her will be reunited one day. It’s not goodbye, it’s see you later.

Back
Top Bottom