Duck water for garden?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by mominoz, Feb 19, 2009.

1. mominoz

mominoz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    North Georgia
    Hey, more questions:rolleyes: I am trying to decide where to put my pond for the geese and runners, I have a slope near the house where my garden and fruit trees are, Is it safe to water my food garden with "duck water'"? (I already dump my old horse manure in it in the winter) or should i just water my trees and grass with it.....
    I was thinking about a pump/filter like a pool sand filter, that you could backwash... it is a preformed pool , but it willhold 165 galloons, course I could fill it partially with rocks to hold less water and add a drain pipe.....
    I also have a 'drycreek 'I filled with rock for water to drain around our house as we graded the house location with a higher back yard that goes up to my arena that has a fair amount of water come off it.... I was thinking about connecting the two, andybody here have a garden , waterfall, duck pond?

2. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    I'm going to use water from the duck pond on my garden this year. Last year I just dumped it out but it turned the duck run into a muddy mess.

3. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    I have a well and really have to conserve water in the summer. I used duck and goose poo water on my veggies and the crop was SUPER!

4. streemers

streemers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2008
    port orchard,WA
    i have used pond water in my veggies, flowers and fruit trees and it was just fine. if anything it would be good for it:D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by