Duck with a foot injury

Salty Cookie

Chirping
Apr 10, 2020
My duck was limping or standing with just one foot when I let the ducks out of the coop yesterday morning. I treated her with botulism three days ago, and she was fine the day before and she started limping yesterday. She has a lump on the joint on the toe and the toe is slightly swollen. She is separated and taking a rest now. Any idea what it is and what I should do?

Attachments

• mint 3.jpg
    mint 3.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 21
It could be an infection like bumblefoot... Make sure there's a clean surface for the duck to be on / around, give plenty of fresh water and food, give them some extra duck safe nutrients, Check for any other signs of weakness or hurting, look to see if anything else like this is happening to any other poultry you own and make sure there are no sharp objects for them to walk on. Here are some articles you can use to help what you're looking for!

READ ME 1
READ ME 2
READ ME 3
READ ME 4

It could be an infection like bumblefoot... Make sure there's a clean surface for the duck to be on / around, give plenty of fresh water and food, give them some extra duck safe nutrients, Check for any other signs of weakness or hurting, look to see if anything else like this is happening to any other poultry you own and make sure there are no sharp objects for them to walk on. Here are some articles you can use to help what you're looking for!

READ ME 1
READ ME 2
READ ME 3
READ ME 4
Thanks! I was just reading Lisa Steele's blog. I live on the west coast of British Columbia, and we have had a very wet spring and a lot of people had ducks with bumblefoot issue in this area this spring. It is related to the weather??? I will keep her in the crate until she feels better. She has no cuts but should I spray Microcyn on the swollen area?

READ ME 1
READ ME 2
READ ME 3
READ ME 4
Great Post. ✅

Thanks! I was just reading Lisa Steele's blog. I live on the west coast of British Columbia, and we have had a very wet spring and a lot of people had ducks with bumblefoot issue in this area this spring. It is related to the weather??? I will keep her in the crate until she feels better. She has no cuts but should I spray Microcyn on the swollen area?
Bumblefoot is more of something like they walk on hard, rocky surfaces or get something to stab their foot. Microcyn might help but it might not do anything.

Back
Top Bottom