Duck with injured leg

Im back to share pics I think duck xrays are super cool and the 2 ducks is Buttercup (broken leg) and her sister Daffodil (who is blind in one eye) this was at the vet I said I had to bring the extra duck because she is Buttercup's support animal :) They take care of each other
They sure are beautiful! Did they send you home with the x-rays or did you have a way to look them up?

I ordered her some of this, but then I remembered I had another hip and joint supplement on hand from when I had an elderly cat. Would this be fine to give her? It sounds like way more calcium than the one I ordered.

I'm not sure if the ingredients will help a fracture anyway.

20230825_193417.jpg

I'd get her started on it asap. Sure can't hurt. I don't use this particular one [horses] but I'd say it's a good one that you posted.
Did the vet say warm soaks would help since she could paddle around and get some exercise but it wouldn't be as strenuous as running or walking.

I'd get her started on it asap. Sure can't hurt. I don't use this particular one [horses] but I'd say it's a good one that you posted.
Did the vet say warm soaks would help since she could paddle around and get some exercise but it wouldn't be as strenuous as running or walking.
I will start her on it today. The vet did say I could try giving her swims to keep her weight off her legs. I did one yesterday and she is still using that first leg from months ago that was healing, but not the one with the new fracture. I probably should have treated her longer the first time; she seemed to be doing so well. I don't know how the second one happened; she hasn't been in with any mature drakes since she first got hurt.

I was just wondering if giving her some extra calcium might help thinking maybe her bones might need it.
symptoms of Vt D3 deficiency
  • Muscle and/or bone pain
  • Muscle weakness
  • History of fractures
  • Muscle twitching

I was just wondering if giving her some extra calcium might help thinking maybe her bones might need it.
symptoms of Vt D3 deficiency
  • Muscle and/or bone pain
  • Muscle weakness
  • History of fractures
  • Muscle twitching
Wow, I wonder if that could be the problem for her. I'll look for a supplement for D3 to give her too. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom