Duck with swollen foot, hot to touch, no black spot

Bryntee

Songster
7 Years
Jun 27, 2013
Wisconsin
Hi there! I’ve got a duck who is limping and has a swollen foot. I had thought there was a black spot but thinking now it was just crud. I cut a small slit to see if there was a corn but there’s NOTHING that I can see. :( I feel so bad that I cut her foot and I didn’t find the problem. I did also notice her middle toe has a bump on it but it also kinda looks broken and healed weird. Like it doesn’t bend at all. :( idk what to do! A couple years ago I had a duck with the same problem but in both feet and she ended up dying because the “infection” moved up her foot to her “knees” and so on. I swear I thought it was Bumblefoot but there’s Nothing there. :(

So sorry this is happening to you and the poor duckie! I am not sure from the description but if you post some pictures I may be able to give some advice!

Okay! I will get some pictures tomorrow. Sorry I normally take pictures and just totally spaced it because of the chaos. I feel so terrible for her. :’( thank you!

If you are really worried, I would suggest taking your duck to a vet. Call around to see if any are willing to see the duck. The vet can see what is wrong and prescribe antibiotics that can help any infection the duck may have.

My vet visit for my duck cost around $45, then paid for the medicine separately.

I do not have a local vet willing to see a duck. And the nearest vet is a couple hours away and currently closed due to Covid. They had a confirmed case in their building.

Attachments

• 1F309983-3936-4E6C-803F-1A5ED436DDDC.jpeg
    1F309983-3936-4E6C-803F-1A5ED436DDDC.jpeg
    533.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 63326024-CBE3-42D0-B367-43141B1BBB78.jpeg
    63326024-CBE3-42D0-B367-43141B1BBB78.jpeg
    487.8 KB · Views: 19
Are you keeping you duck in and the foot very clean while that slit is open? Or you will
Probably end up with bumble. Could this be an injury? The swelling on top does it feel squishy like theses fluid inside?

Yes she is inside. Has a large bandaid on it. I clean and change it daily. It feels squishy a little. I think she broke her middle toe there on that same foot. :(

Back
Top Bottom