Duck won’t straighten their neck ?

Mcaperton

In the Brooder
May 11, 2023
I’m new to all of this so bare with me. One of my Pekin babies (about 6 weeks old) just today started not straightening or moving their neck. Can still drink, not sure about eating bc I didn’t see it try but it seems lethargic, but the other ducks (rouens) are being mean and snapping at it when it tries to drink. Any advice is welcomed.

Attachments

• IMG_2406.jpeg
    IMG_2406.jpeg
    670 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2410.jpeg
    IMG_2410.jpeg
    684 KB · Views: 5
First off if the other ducks are picking on it remove this duck to where you can observe what is going on if it's eating and drinking and what its poop is looking like. Looking at the picture something is def going on with it. Having the neck like that is def a sign it is not well
How old?
what do you feed? along with supplements etc.
What is your setup like can the ducks get into any area where they could eat anything toxic even standing water?
@Mcaperton

First off if the other ducks are picking on it remove this duck to where you can observe what is going on if it's eating and drinking and what its poop is looking like. Looking at the picture something is def going on with it. Having the neck like that is def a sign it is not well
How old?
What is your setup like can the ducks get into any area where they could eat anything toxic even standing water?
@Mcaperton
I have removed the duck.
They get flock raiser, duck pellets and mealworms. I put a yellow vitamin powder in the water.
It’s about 6 weeks old.
Currently they’re still in my garage bc they’re so young and I clean their container daily. They also go out to the kiddie pool daily for a splash and clean. They’re really quite contained since they’re young still and someone is always around if they’re out of the garage.

How old?
@Mcaperton
she (I think) is drinking some water today and has wandered around the garage— should I get a medication from TSC in the morning??

Back
Top Bottom