duck wound

We have her moved and inside to heal so no infection sets in. Is this from the drakes or from her stress plucking? Also will it stop once mating season is over?[/QU
Okay so I am posting a pic. This is a wound on my duck. I had the other one with same wound. These two females seem to be the favorites of the drakes. We separated the one female because of other issues and she is healed. I read it could be stress picking. This picture has a partial scab but usually it's bleeding and you can see to the bone. It is on her breast bone area.

Breast bone area? Haven’t ever seen a drake go after that area. You think she maybe over preening? No other wounds present?
Her wing feathers are broken a bit from being mounted a lot I am guessing. The thing is one of my other pekings had this very same wound in same spot and she was the target of the drake in her pen. So I was wondering if being over mated is causing them to stress out and pluck out this spot or something? We have kept our other female away from the others except our call ducks because of her walking issues and her wound has healed and not appeared again.

My drake muscovy has grabbed in the breast area before, it might be the drake and it might not.. but im getting rid of my drakes because the ratio of drakes to hen is greater, which means lots of injuries and fights for me so it is best to only have 1 drake or none i will keep one drake since him and my hen get along so great and never have tried to mate her. Keep them seperate.

Back
Top Bottom