duck

brookeleilani

In the Brooder
Oct 4, 2023
hey guys, i’ve recently gotten a baby duck and i need help. Why does it keep making chirping sounds and does the duck need a night light on for it to sleep at night?

hey guys, i’ve recently gotten a baby duck and i need help. Why does it keep making chirping sounds and does the duck need a night light on for it to sleep at night?
Welcome to BYC! :frow

It needs some duckling friends, warmth, and age/species appropriate feed, water, etc.

They peep when they are cold, hungry, lonely.. and sometimes just to stay in contact with their flock mates.

Do you know how old it is? Have you got any friends for it? What is your ambient high/low temperature? What are you feeding? Are you in the US or what is your general location.. as it helps us to make more appropriate suggestion as to what resources might be available to you.

No, they don't technically need a night "light" if all their other needs are being met.

Welcome to BYC! :frow

It needs some duckling friends, warmth, and age/species appropriate feed, water, etc.

They peep when they are cold, hungry, lonely.. and sometimes just to stay in contact with their flock mates.

Do you know how old it is? Have you got any friends for it? What is your ambient high/low temperature? What are you feeding? Are you in the US or what is your general location.. as it helps us to make more appropriate suggestion as to what resources might be available to you.

No, they don't technically need a night "light" if all their other needs are being met.
I’m in Australia, i’m feeding it duck food that the people i got the duck from told me to buy.

It's probably lonely, or cold.
Ducks need companionship, it's so important for them.
Can you post a picture of the duckling and the brooder so we can see if there's a suitable heat source etc

Back
Top Bottom