What do you think about Duckens?

What's your oppinion on duckens?

• I don't like duckens. They're ugly!

• I love duckens! They're so cute!

• I like duckens, but I would never have one.

• Duckens aren't my favorite.

• Duckens are a myth.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pics

Fwoof

Crowing
Jun 13, 2022
I recently found out that you could cross a chicken with a duck! To me it's not the pretiest cross, but some people love them more than others! What do you think about duckens?

I don't own this photo

Attachments

• 1660679890586.png
    1660679890586.png
    172.9 KB · Views: 19
What do you think about duckens?
Sounds like a set up, looks like photo shop, and does a disservice to both species.. also would produce only mules if even possible.. though the ladies (muscovy X mallard for example) are still reported to lay eggs they just won't ever be fertile for hatching.

I expect the cross could only be done one way.. with a rooster over a duck hen.. otherwise a chicken hen is bound to be injured by mating with a drake. Otherwise, possibly artificial insemination.

ETA: you should add.. think it's fake.. to your poll. :)

Sounds like a set up, looks like photo shop, and does a disservice to both species.. also would produce only mules if even possible.. though the ladies (muscovy X mallard for example) are still reported to lay eggs they just won't ever be fertile for hatching.

I expect the cross could only be done one way.. with a rooster over a duck hen.. otherwise a chicken hen is bound to be injured by mating with a drake. Otherwise, possibly artificial insemination.
Wow, I did not know about any of this.

Thank you for the info.
Mind if i send this to somebody I know who has a Silkie who's in love with a Cayuga?

The photo is fake. As has been said, ducks and chickens are far too different genetically to reproduce and create offspring. Chickens and guineas are possible but extremely rare, but a duck and a chicken would be like crossing a dolphin with a dog.
There is a lot of misinformation out on the internet, and a lot of people who create such falsehoods for attention and clout. Please always be careful.

Back
Top Bottom