Duckies!

Just an update: for a while she was really really bad, but she has started taking a few very wobbly steps, we have her separated from the others in case it is something contagious. Tried to soak her bill in some but she shakes it off, she will take very few sips of water and still wont eat, but she is more active than this afternoon. I just dont want her to be hurting, I've done every single suggestion, the eggs, vitamins, vit b complex, q tip, dipping her bill, everything. I just hope she makes it through the night and will be on the road to recovery ❤ thank you all for so much help

Adorable! She may just be stressed for shipping, It can take a toll on those little birds. Just monitor her feed and water intake, If she were mine I'd try to give her some scrambled eggs, and add some poultry vitamins to her waterer. I also see the right side of the brooder is plastic, I would cover it up with bedding as a slippery floor can sometimes cause spraddled legs in young ducklings/chicks.
She keeps closing her eyes standing up and really isn't eating. Shes also shaking her head and it seems like regurgitating her food ? (Its just shakes out of her) should I add dextrose powder to their water ? I dont know what to do, I want to help her but idk how to

She keeps violently shaking her head back and forth and regurgitating food or water all over the place until she falls on her butt. Then will wait a few seconds get up and drink, is that indicative of something specific ? I got a video of half of it but idk how to upload it to show you guys

She keeps violently shaking her head back and forth and regurgitating food or water all over the place until she falls on her butt. Then will wait a few seconds get up and drink, is that indicative of something specific ? I got a video of half of it but idk how to upload it to show you guys

They usually do that when they swallow something to fast, or have something in their mouth. To post a video, upload it to Vimeo or Youtube then copy/paste the link here.

Back
Top Bottom