Shannonjonson

In the Brooder
Oct 1, 2020
Hi guys I’ve not long had my pekin duck he’ll be 2 weeks old in a few days (he currently has a sibling hatching right now) but I’ve noticed recently that when he’s eating he sounds stuffy? But only when he’s eating? He has proper duckling crumbs with added duckling grit and everything he needs, he also has a deep bowl for him to dunk his head into and blow his airways clear? So I don’t think he’s got anything stuck that I can see as he’s not stuffy any other time? He’s just stuffy sounding when he eats? Could he just be eating too quickly?😂😂 what do you guys think?

Could you post a video of him breathing? TO post a video, upload it to a video platform like Yotube or vimeo, then copy/paste the link here.

Could you post a video of him breathing? TO post a video, upload it to a video platform like Yotube or vimeo, then copy/paste the link here.
Of course!! here’s a video of him eating any other time he breaths fine? You can hear it more towards the end of the video! He does have a deeper bowl but he’s just deciding to drink out the chick one in this video!😂😂😂

This is him breathing normally literally just after he’s finished eating! For comparison, when he hatched he was quite big so I’m not sure if he’s just a big fatty and gobbles his food too quick

Thanks for the videos.

Pekins, along with a few other heavy-weight breeds tend to breathe heavier than smaller weight breeds. The breathing could also be related to her eating feed too fast. Besides the point, she appears to be quite happy and healthy, so I'd just leave her be.

Back
Top Bottom