Ducking Died? Sad and now what?

Again, great advice and thanks HollyDuckFarmer, Amiga, meca, cymbaline and veronicasmom. My kids were crying and I think they were crying harder after I told them a replacement would be here soon. They miss the old duck so much. I didn't put it like that - replacement. I waited for awhile til they had cried a bit. And then tried to surprise them with the new arrival news. But that just made them sadder. And in some respects, I am glad because they do have such good feelings for the old duck. But they will learn to be happy with the new one too.

We buried the little guy or gal this evening where we can see him from the dinner table. The cross and flowers made it easier for the kids. Used a stake I had in the garage and some leftover fall flowers. I had the pic flipped when I edited it.

And here's the new guy with his older siblings. He's more like a week old. They gave him a hard time at first but I sat with them for about an hour and now they don't peck at him anymore. They even seem to snuggle with him. I'm keeping it just above 80 under the lamp. I'm thinking that's a good temp for all them and the bigger ones can help keep him warm. BTW, I have three of those margarine/cool whip containers. I keep the two others lined up so I can change them at least three times a day. Find I keep the bedding drier versus the waterer I was using at first from the store.

Last edited:
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom