Duckling born with no legs

I’m thinking this isn’t her pet ducks that this is a feral Muscovy. Which means she’ll have to decide if she means she’s going to help him she’ll have to make this duckling her own. It maybe able to float once it’s gotten it’s feathers oiled good but it won’t be able to swim. Cats, dogs and all other manner of animal will most likely get this little one. It will have to be a decision made soon because mama will be taking them to water if she hasn’t already. The only way this duckling will survive is to be taken in by someone.

I’m thinking this isn’t her pet ducks that this is a feral Muscovy. Which means she’ll have to decide if she means she’s going to help him she’ll have to make this duckling her own. It maybe able to float once it’s gotten it’s feathers oiled good but it won’t be able to swim. Cats, dogs and all other manner of animal will most likely get this little one. It will have to be a decision made soon because mama will be taking them to water if she hasn’t already. The only way this duckling will survive is to be taken in by someone.
Ooooooohh, that makes sense why he's hard to catch.

Can you post pictures of were you don't see legs?

If he has no legs, how can he walk? Are there stumps or just nothing were the legs would normally be? Pictures would be very helpful.
I'm so sorry, what a sad situation. I've read threads about prosthetics for chickens that loose there feet to frost bite, and there are chicken walkers for the same situations as well. If he his stumps or anything at all there could be some hope.
I'm all for using wheel chairs/prosthetics to give him a chance, as long as you think you have the time to help him thrive, and he continues to fight and thrive, go for it!

Attachments

• 15CE7232-0D51-4098-B8DB-6E1CDE60A1D4.jpeg
    15CE7232-0D51-4098-B8DB-6E1CDE60A1D4.jpeg
    346.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 67C40EC9-1F9E-4B18-BEBA-227415BC8334.jpeg
    67C40EC9-1F9E-4B18-BEBA-227415BC8334.jpeg
    261.9 KB · Views: 44
  • D3244834-5BCF-4D9E-A361-61005AC8D02F.jpeg
    D3244834-5BCF-4D9E-A361-61005AC8D02F.jpeg
    358.1 KB · Views: 42
Are you allowed to keep Muscovy ducks in your area? If so, maybe see if you can keep this little one. I know that they're considered an invasive species in some areas, so your able to hunt and own them. Otherwise your best bet is to find a bird rehabber.
I tried googling if they were invasive, but of course thats not reliable. Maybe theres someone you can call?

Back
Top Bottom