Duckling born with no legs

I’ll be keeping safe until find a rescue to take care of the lil one on the mean time what can I feed him ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    740.3 KB · Views: 25
I’ll be keeping safe until find a rescue to take care of the lil one on the mean time what can I feed him ?

Feed stores should have small bags of all flock or flock raiser. That is what I would choose.

He also needs a water dish deep enough he can stick his entire head into to rinse out his nares.

Feed stores should have small bags of all flock or flock raiser. That is what I would choose.

He also needs a water dish deep enough he can stick his entire head into to rinse out his nares.
On it thanks ! What about temperature can he be inside I keep my ac at 72

On it thanks ! What about temperature can he be inside I keep my ac at 72

Good question! He needs heat. Raised by mom they dart under her to warm up. Raised by us the least expensive but most risky is a heat lamp. They MUST be in a space large enough to get away from the heat when needed.
The first week is hey need a warm space around 95° to warm up in but also a cool (room temperature) space to cool off. Week 2 they need a bit less heat or more more time away from it.
A healthy duckling is able to move between the warm and cool areas to be comfortable.

Since he is crippled that would be impossible......

I am hoping for others to have suggestions on heat for him.

Warmest room in your house? Homemade waterer because if somehow he got himself into an open water container and couldn’t get out he could chill or even drown. Be sure to get crumbles when you get feed. A stuffed animal and a mirror that hasn’t sharp edges can help keep him free of a lot of stress
36AEB909-D0F8-4009-8FFE-5849A1B90B9D.jpeg

take out the water in case he was to get into it and get water logged. That pan you have in there if it has water in it. They are not water proof.

Tazz making sure the lil kne is ok I saw mom and brothers going to the lake next to the house so i figure we would take him out for a swim

Attachments

• B11DEE06-5D89-4E2E-9B1B-5148039A80A4.jpeg
    B11DEE06-5D89-4E2E-9B1B-5148039A80A4.jpeg
    767.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 2023BFB8-EE52-4D4F-A9EF-0B766D80730F.jpeg
    2023BFB8-EE52-4D4F-A9EF-0B766D80730F.jpeg
    414.6 KB · Views: 24

Back
Top Bottom