Duckling hatch along?

but he won't stay yellow. I'm actually trying to figure out what he's going to look like! All 3 moms are pied. Dad is chocolate.
I don't care (said very nicely) he is yellow NOW!
That's all that matters.:D

Well malpo is out. I went out to check and it wasn't moving. It was glued in. So I started picking and no blood. So I picked some more. His foot was over his head. Once that was free he literally rolled in the egg. I stuck him under the broody still half in the shell. She grabbed the shell and ate it then grabbed the baby by the foot and swung it around. Not sure if that's normal or not but I grabbed him and hes drying off in the house. Once he has his legs under him and good and dry I will try to reintroduce him to his mom.
15641811677064954905364020659658.jpg

but he won't stay yellow. I'm actually trying to figure out what he's going to look like! All 3 moms are pied. Dad is chocolate.
Congrats, I think he's gonna be a barred chocolate (his tail feathers are chocolate, so that's the color he will be).
Barred chocolate duckling
DSCN1729.JPG
Barred adult
chocolate_barred_2.jpg

Well malpo is out. I went out to check and it wasn't moving. It was glued in. So I started picking and no blood. So I picked some more. His foot was over his head. Once that was free he literally rolled in the egg. I stuck him under the broody still half in the shell. She grabbed the shell and ate it then grabbed the baby by the foot and swung it around. Not sure if that's normal or not but I grabbed him and hes drying off in the house. Once he has his legs under him and good and dry I will try to reintroduce him to his mom. View attachment 1857687
:barnieWhat is up with these crazy mamas?!

2019-07-26-13-10-12-jpg.1857400
2019-07-26-13-11-31-jpg.1857401
it's doing good! Took her outside for a supervised visit this morning. . the adults treat it like it has leprosy and run screaming their heads off. Poor baby. It wants to follow them but if it gets too close tiny strikes at it like an alligator.
Sure is cute!

Back
Top Bottom