Duckling Hatching at Wrong end

I literally check on baby every 30 mins. As long as it has an air supply, it can’t suffocate by shrink wrapping, right? I never realized the amount of things that could go wrong.

If you are keeping the humidity high in the bator and keeping the membrane moist when needed you shouldn't have any problems with shrink wrapping, if not it'll be very hard for the duckling to get out of the shell, they can suffocate if their air hole isn't big enough, but I cant see your picture well enough to see the hole.

If you are keeping the humidity high in the bator and keeping the membrane moist when needed you shouldn't have any problems with shrink wrapping, if not it'll be very hard for the duckling to get out of the shell, they can suffocate if their air hole isn't big enough, but I cant see your picture well enough to see the hole.
I can see the beak through the hole moving back and forth. It’s also still just a chirping away. I don’t believe it ever broke through its air cell, so I think It is squished. I couldn’t post the video though.

I can see the beak through the hole moving back and forth. It’s also still just a chirping away. I couldn’t post the video though.

Just give him some time, It'll take them a while to fully absorb since they internally and externally pipped at the same time. Chirping is a great sign!

Duckling has been wiggling and wiggling and stretched the membrane further, but it has no room to move. It has not changed positions at all in about 30 hours now. I chipped off the shell just a tiny bit more and made sure there was no bleeding and did not touch anymore of the membrane than necessary for the hole.... I just wanted to ensure when it’s ready, it can indeed wiggle out on it’s own. Still breathing and wiggling just fine. 🤞🏽 Hope little duckling comes out soon bc the is stressful. 😩

Back
Top Bottom