Duckling Hatching at Wrong end

Duckling has been wiggling and wiggling and stretched the membrane further, but it has no room to move. It has not changed positions at all in about 30 hours now. I chipped off the shell just a tiny bit more and made sure there was no bleeding and did not touch anymore of the membrane than necessary for the hole.... I just wanted to ensure when it’s ready, it can indeed wiggle out on it’s own. Still breathing and wiggling just fine. 🤞🏽 Hope little duckling comes out soon bc the is stressful. 😩

Give it time, it's very easy to accidentally cut a vein when you are peeling the eggshell off, once you see the veins start to recede you can start peeling away more.

Give it time, it's very easy to accidentally cut a vein when you are peeling the eggshell off, once you see the veins start to recede you can start peeling away more.
The part I chipped wasn’t attached to the membrane any longer, it had a tiny separation. I didn’t chip further where the membrane was attached... toooo scared to mess with that part.

I’ve done my research and have seen too many horrid pictures of bleeding, dying babies. 😭 I don’t want any part of that. I would be devastated.

Any other ducklings hatch?
Yes! I have one adorable little guy. I named him/her Mighty. He/she hatched 2 days ago. ❤ I only had the 2 duck eggs my cousin sent over... I wasn’t even expecting the duck eggs to start with, that was a whole surprise to me. I am so in love with his little self. Which is also why I need the 2nd one alive and well!

Attachments

• 9FD2B7F4-CE1E-4F89-BFE9-C35613F00A45.jpeg
    9FD2B7F4-CE1E-4F89-BFE9-C35613F00A45.jpeg
    19.1 KB · Views: 5
I’ve done my research and have seen too many horrid pictures of bleeding, dying babies. 😭 I don’t want any part of that. I would be devastated.

In case that did happen, make sure to have either styptic powder or corn starch on hand, so you apply pressure to where it's bleeding.

Back
Top Bottom