Duckling having problems

burdboy

Chirping
Apr 19, 2016
I have a male Rouen duckling I got from cackle hatchery and from the start he was much smaller than my female Rouen and female khakie Campbell. He does pretty good at everything else but when I put him in water for him to swim he goes stiff and falls over I grab him dry him off and he's fine. Do y'all now what's wrong with him/ what I can do for him?

I have a male Rouen duckling I got from cackle hatchery and from the start he was much smaller than my female Rouen and female khakie Campbell. He does pretty good at everything else but when I put him in water for him to swim he goes stiff and falls over I grab him dry him off and he's fine. Do y'all now what's wrong with him/ what I can do for him?
How old and is the water warm or cold? Almost sounds like some kind of seizure. If this is cold water try warm.

I've tried warm cool and room tempature and he's about 4 weeks old
Has he had Niacin supplement from tiny? Might help to give him some in form of Nutritional yeast or plain niacin if you can find plain. 125 megs per gal of water crushed and mixed daily or 1 tab of Nutritional yeast per cup of feed either till 10-12 weeks old. this supports neurological and bone health. Reg Chick feed doesn't have adequate amounts to support water fowl. Crested non crested?

Has he had Niacin supplement from tiny? Might help to give him some in form of Nutritional yeast or plain niacin if you can find plain. 125 megs per gal of water crushed and mixed daily or 1 tab of Nutritional yeast per cup of feed either till 10-12 weeks old. this supports neurological and bone health. Reg Chick feed doesn't have adequate amounts to support water fowl.  Crested non crested?
non crested, I was just wondering why he was the only one I've raised about 10 duckling so far no problem.

non crested, I was just wondering why he was the only one I've raised about 10 duckling so far no problem.
Just some ducklings need the extra nutrients. It's really not unusual and is best to go ahead and supplement all brand new ducklings if brooded inside. if mama raises them they aren't as likely to have a deficiency.

Just some ducklings need the extra nutrients. It's really not unusual and is best to go ahead and supplement all brand new ducklings if brooded inside. if mama raises them they aren't as likely to have a deficiency.
thank you what could I give them for extra nutrients we take them outside everyday that it's not raining it bad weather and I've seen him eat insects and grass

thank you what could I give them for extra nutrients we take them outside everyday that it's not raining it bad weather and I've seen him eat insects and grass
Best way would be to add some nutritional yeast to their feed to me this is the most natural way to give them their B's . You could also try crushing a B complex and mixing into their water make sure it has at least 125 mgs of niacin in it. You could try poultry Nutri drench or save a chick your local feed store should have something.

Best way would be to add some nutritional yeast to their feed to me this is the most natural way to give them their B's . You could also try crushing a B complex and mixing into their water make sure it has at least 125 mgs of niacin in it. You could try poultry Nutri drench or save a chick your local feed store should have something.
Just regular cooking yeast?

Back
Top Bottom