Duckling having sudden seizures

That's a good idea about pictures. Where are your other ducklings?

Here is some info on Seizures I'm sorry I don't have a definitive answer for you but honestly only a vet can do that.
https://www.justanswer.com/bird-vet/4dc81-duck-appears-having-seizures-flops.html
Have you given your duckling any niacin supplementation since it hatched? Are you feeding chick starter?
My other ducklings are in the coop now since they aren't small anymore they're 1/2 the size of my other Cayugas but maybe bigger. No niacin supplements but I do give her chick starter.
CA93A0C4-F3E0-4258-A0FC-2E89F9D18CDF.jpeg4DB5797B-8ABD-4CFD-9133-379C22CEB50F.jpeg
00DB5B35-3971-49DA-89EB-5A680B2B2142.jpeg

Here's the starter I give her

DuMOR Chick Starter/Grower 20% Feed, 3006317-306 at Tractor Supply Co.

If you can please get her on some Liquid B complex you can find at most feed stores carry it. It will say injectable but we just pull off the foil top and use a needless syringe and pull out 1 ml and put over mealworms. Chick starter and I use it too does not have the amount of niacin ducklings need to be healthy. I'd advise giving it to all your ducklings just because it is so important to their overall health. This could be the root cause of the seizures and it could be something else but a few years ago a member had Cayuga ducklings that were having seizures and she put them on the liquid B complex and they got over it.

I agree with @Miss Lydia on the niacin issue. I'm also concerned about the protein level in chick starter. If you can get a game bird or turkey starter it would be better for the ducklings early development.

Back
Top Bottom