Duckling head deformity

Well only thing to watch for if Grape turns out to be female is mating that would not be good with her lil head like that.

Other than that though is she acting normal like the rest of the ducklings?
Grape acts completely normal, is very very social and attached to the other ducklings, and enjoys swimming and sleeping with them. The only thing is, he’s smaller then the rest. I know he’s the youngest but I even suggested that we try and offer food separately away from the rest, even though I’ve seen him eat and drink, but anytime he’s alone he cries.

B2D21EA9-5C1C-4853-8066-7E0E4F22D60C.jpeg
Hello again backyard friends. I know we’re experiencing some bad gateway errors right now, but to lighten the mood ( and hopefully it posts) here’s the little guys today. The ones of front—so chubby. There’s little Grape in the back :)

50246F12-2BD7-42E6-A07F-F98B0850A88F.jpeg
348F972D-84ED-4AAD-8E0D-C1CB0F185BBD.jpeg
Guys!!!! I have AMAZING NEWS. I have teared up, honestly I was so happy when I came home. I’m attaching some head pictures of Grape. His head spot had completely healed. No redness at all. The top is lightly scabbed. It’s just like a hairless light bump now. The consistency has changed and it no longer feel like a blister. It now feels like the skin on chicken feet. Grape is small. Not by much but it’s really clear in the bill and feet. I’m extatic though because other then the spot, he looks and acts exactly the same. Oh and, they’re the sweetest things. I am so so happy.

View attachment 1458801 View attachment 1458803 Guys!!!! I have AMAZING NEWS. I have teared up, honestly I was so happy when I came home. I’m attaching some head pictures of Grape. His head spot had completely healed. No redness at all. The top is lightly scabbed. It’s just like a hairless light bump now. The consistency has changed and it no longer feel like a blister. It now feels like the skin on chicken feet. Grape is small. Not by much but it’s really clear in the bill and feet. I’m extatic though because other then the spot, he looks and acts exactly the same. Oh and, they’re the sweetest things. I am so so happy.

That is the best possible news. I'm so happy for you and Grape. Makes all your hard work and days of worry all worth while.

Back
Top Bottom