Duckling help

Oh, that's quite possible. A Muscovy and Call cross.
Yikes... hopefully it was a Muscovy hen and a call drake and not the other way around .-.
@Bs11luke what drakes do you have? Just the Muscovy? If that little black duck with the green iridescent feathers is part Muscovy, which seems probable, then it's just a matter of determining which drake mated with your tan female.
(edit) looking back at the original duckling pictures, the tip of the bill and the feet do kind of remind me of Muscovy for some reason.

thanks for all the answers guys it’s been bugging me the last few days 😂 basically at the time these eggs was laid we had 2 drakes and 2 hens ,1 Muscovy drake and 1 I believe was mallard he looked just like the tan female in the photos but had the green head etc even tho he was quite tall 🤔 and then the 2 females one is tan and one black the black one is very small and does have the iridescent feathers so I’m thinking she’s crossed ..maybe call duck cross Muscovy or even Cayuga? So possible fathers are Muscovy or mallard and the possible mothers are the ones shown in the pictures (tan/black) ..when the 3 eggs hatched we had the 2 dark chicks and also the very light one..do you think it’s possible for the small black female to be part Muscovy if it doesn’t have the red facial features? I would love to match the parents to the mother/father or maybe it’s a mix of both females eggs and the 2 black ducklings are the black females babies and the yellow belongs to the tan female? But have the same dads? Confused.com 🤣

.do you think it’s possible for the small black female to be part Muscovy if it doesn’t have the red facial features?
Yes, the hybrids don't develop the red caruncles, she looks like a msycovy hybrid to me. Muscovy ducks and ducklings come in many different colors so I think most likely all 3 of the ducklings are also muscovy hybrid. Musvovy hybrids are infertile and cannot have any babies so you will not be able to further breed them if that is what they end up being.

Back
Top Bottom