Duckling is armpit picking??? All his fluff is gone!

shells-311

Hatching
Apr 1, 2020
This is my first flock of pekin duckling I took in 4 rescue ducklings. They are around 4 weeks old. The biggest one is now picking at his fluff under his wing So bad that he’s completely bald there. If it were on a human I’d say it’s his armpit. It was a rather cool day so it’s not from being too hot today. Any ideas? It’s definitely self inflicted. I isolated him inside with me and he kept doing it unless I was distracting him. Also anyone ever use silver sulfate cream on birds? Wondering if it’s safe.

My parrot does this. I would cull him but my wife wouldnt like it. :gig
Lol! If the parrot is picking his fluffy little with feathers that make all the dust, it's just from being out of the weather. Mine do it to. I think the extra unneeded protective dust making feathers annoys them.

This is my first flock of pekin duckling I took in 4 rescue ducklings. They are around 4 weeks old. The biggest one is now picking at his fluff under his wing So bad that he’s completely bald there. If it were on a human I’d say it’s his armpit. It was a rather cool day so it’s not from being too hot today. Any ideas? It’s definitely self inflicted. I isolated him inside with me and he kept doing it unless I was distracting him. Also anyone ever use silver sulfate cream on birds? Wondering if it’s safe.

Welcome to BYC!

Could you post a picture?

Hi,
Maybe it’s because of external parasite and she’s itchy? Is it just under her wing? How does her legs and bill look ?
I guess It also can be because of stress..

Back
Top Bottom