Duckling Niacin Deficiency?

Sure ask away many on here know the importance of niacin in a ducklings diet.
sorry for a lot of questions and thanks for listening:
1- but my duckling have all the Symptoms of lack of niacin except for staying.he like to play and go after his duckling friend.in internet wrote that ducklings with lack of niacin dont like to walk and them their feet shape changes.is it possible hes problem was something diffrent?
2- Maybe if I separate him from the other he become better?
3- is swimming hurt him? he dont like to swim these days even in warm water.does his toes have pain? or maybe just scard of water?
4-how many days longs for healing? there are 6 days past of his cure and 5 tablets eaten.but there isnt any develop!

Your giving your duckling 4. 25mgs of niacin a day right? I think maybe because they weren’t getting the right kind of food plus lack of niacin might be the cause of his trouble. How does your other duckling doing is it having same problem? I don’t think this is going to be a quick fix but if you feed them right give the niacin you should begin to see improvement soon. Can you post some pictures of your ducklings ? Swimming is really good for them. Maybe he likes it shallow so he can touch bottom or deep Enough he can swim around you’ll just have to find out what they like the best but swimming does help build up leg muscles and also keeps the healthy and parasite free. Explain what you mean about going after his duckling friend

Your giving your duckling 4. 25mgs of niacin a day right? I think maybe because they weren’t getting the right kind of food plus lack of niacin might be the cause of his trouble. How does your other duckling doing is it having same problem? I don’t think this is going to be a quick fix but if you feed them right give the niacin you should begin to see improvement soon. Can you post some pictures of your ducklings ? Swimming is really good for them. Maybe he likes it shallow so he can touch bottom or deep Enugu he can swim around you’ll just have to find out what they like the best but swimming does help build up leg muscles and also keeps the healthy and parasite free. Explain what you mean about going after his duckling friend
no a tablet 25 niacin a day.maybe.when i noticed the problem i gave them chicken and pea and onion . he didnt get worse but didnt have any improvement.
now i try to less bread and rice and more wheast and corn exactly wheast.
when i put them into water-better said their swimming bowl is deep but Short length-he want to jump up in my arms but another duckling wash himself.
when he didnt see another duckling run to find him . when another duckling walking he going and following him.
these are photoes i took last day.their feathers fell and now they growing new.
View attachment 1494232
View attachment 1494233 View attachment 1494234

Attachments

• ۲۰۱۸۰۷۳۰_۱۶۰۳۳۹.jpg
    ۲۰۱۸۰۷۳۰_۱۶۰۳۳۹.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 9
  • ۲۰۱۸۰۷۳۰_۱۶۰۳۳۹.jpg
    ۲۰۱۸۰۷۳۰_۱۶۰۳۳۹.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I think your duckling is looking a lot better than when you posted pictures a few weeks ago. Keep up with the niacin but crush up 4 pills a day they need 100 mgs of niacin a day . Don’t fed bread at all no good for them cut back on corn too mainly wheat can you get them greens like romaine lettuce you can shred it up and put that in a bowl of water and give that to them also shredded kale is good for them too.Its normal for ducklings to bond to one another being flock animals they really need that friendship as for him wanting to jump in your arms can you try giving them something larger to have for bathing and swimming but all an all your duckling is looking better:thumbsup does he walk okay?dont feed onions to your ducks it’s not good for them little green peas are fine but no dried peas

Last edited:
no a tablet 25 niacin a day.maybe.when i noticed the problem i gave them chicken and pea and onion . he didnt get worse but didnt have any improvement.
now i try to less bread and rice and more wheast and corn exactly wheast.
when i put them into water-better said their swimming bowl is deep but Short length-he want to jump up in my arms but another duckling wash himself.
when he didnt see another duckling run to find him . when another duckling walking he going and following him.
these are photoes i took last day.their feathers fell and now they growing new.
View attachment 1494232
View attachment 1494233 View attachment 1494234
Do you have any dog or cat food where you live?

I think your duckling is looking a lot better than when you posted pictures a few weeks ago. Keep up with the niacin but crush up 4 pills a day they need 100 mgs of niacin a day . Don’t fed bread at all no good for them cut back on corn too mainly wheat can you get them greens like romaine lettuce you can shred it up and put that in a bowl of water and give that to them also shredded kale is good for them too.Its normal for ducklings to bond to one another being flock animals they really need that friendship as for him wanting to jump in your arms can you try giving them something larger to have for bathing and swimming but all an all your duckling is looking better:thumbsup does he walk okay?dont feed onions to your ducks it’s not good for them little green peas are fine but no dried peas
i try to find something larger. my father promises to me :) im so happy you think he looks better.he walks ok but kind of hard for him.i try to more dose by the time.thank you
:goodpost::woot:yesss:

Back
Top Bottom