Duckling not eating, just dribbles water. large crop.

Anybody have any ideas on the feather loss? Maybe she is just getting beat up. I don't see it. I see her eat. She is a pig. Very messy.

No worries, I can nickname her Chucken...

Anybody have any ideas on the feather loss? Maybe she is just getting beat up. I don't see it. I see her eat. She is a pig. Very messy.

No worries, I can nickname her Chucken...
I don't see any bald spots in the video. Just messy down. Remember that, unlike fur, down does not grow out of every bit of skin. When down gets wet or dirty, bare spots appear.

Ok, messy down. It is what I thought it was...until it spread to her neck, but hey she is a messy eater. So who knows! :idunno

Here is a closer pic, i can not get a good pic as I am one person. It looks like that all down under her neck.

She appears fine. However she is the only one who yawns. She eats and she poops, perhaps Metzer sent me a Chucken.:th

Attachments

• File Jan 14, 20 43 56.jpeg
    File Jan 14, 20 43 56.jpeg
    515.8 KB · Views: 12
Ok, messy down. It is what I thought it was...until it spread to her neck, but hey she is a messy eater. So who knows! :idunno

Here is a closer pic, i can not get a good pic as I am one person. It looks like that all down under her neck.

She appears fine. However she is the only one who yawns. She eats and she poops, perhaps Metzer sent me a Chucken.:th
It does look VERY similar to my ducks face/head when I thought she was balding, but I am certainly no duck expert. I just chalked it up to her not really seeming to know quite how to be a duck haha. She would get goop all over herself, would dip said goop into the water but never could figure out how to successfully get it OFF like my other duckling could and would. Actually, come to think of it, she only seemed to figure it out a few days ago. :confused:

No way, small world! Gotta love is desert dwellers. :frow
I hope your little ducklings start feeling better soon (wish I had some sort of advice to offer). I know how scary these things can
Be. :fl

Yep, we visit my cousin Prescott nearly each year. I will give you desert dwellers credit, Texas is hot, so I can appreciate the temps!

They are doing fine actually. Harriett does not seem bothered by it or her messiness. The others are seemingly ok as well, lots of energy and such and they eat very well. I tried crumble today and they did not eat it. I had to go back to their mash. They are eating it fine.

I changed the waterer per junebugga. We shall see what we shall see.

Thank you all for the encouragement.

It only needs to be about 95* for the first few days. The 5 degree drop each week is a general guideline for brooding chicks. It does not apply to ducklings. Ducklings need much less heat than chicks. Mine were completely off heat by 3 weeks of age and moved out to their outdoor duck house by 4 weeks.

replacement waterer thanks to my wife and her lunch kit.

thank you.

Attachments

• File Jan 14, 20 37 48.jpeg
    File Jan 14, 20 37 48.jpeg
    554 KB · Views: 11
Yep, we visit my cousin Prescott nearly each year. I will give you desert dwellers credit, Texas is hot, so I can appreciate the temps!

They are doing fine actually. Harriett does not seem bothered by it or her messiness. The others are seemingly ok as well, lots of energy and such and they eat very well. I tried crumble today and they did not eat it. I had to go back to their mash. They are eating it fine.

I changed the waterer per junebugga. We shall see what we shall see.

Thank you all for the encouragement.
Yay! I’m so glad to hear that! Anytime I hear someone may have a sick duckling I panic.... I just can’t help myself :hit
Speaking of messy ducks-
5112856B-82C0-47B8-8415-2708FB1BE683.jpeg

This is how my first Rouen duckling would sleep.... that’s her food dish... she was perpetually messy...:lau

Yay! I’m so glad to hear that! Anytime I hear someone may have a sick duckling I panic.... I just can’t help myself :hit
Speaking of messy ducks-View attachment 1236614

This is how my first Rouen duckling would sleep.... that’s her food dish... she was perpetually messy...:lau

Beyond adorable! :love:love:love Is that a Pekin for the friend?

Harriett was the perfect lady and then she saw food...:eek: I think that she is DJ's little punk goddess or something as he protects her, darndest thing. Maybe I anthropomorphize something that isn't there, but hey, that is half the fun.:ya

She reminds me of a sucker fish...just muddling and vacuuming up everything and their brother. My little piggie. :th

Back
Top Bottom