Duckling not growing.

Today juniper is 3.9 oz... but- I feel like maybe her head is growing more Than her body.... also, she has this little lump... šŸ„ŗ I was starting to think we were getting out of the woods, but something isnā€™t right. She just isnā€™t looking so hot Today šŸ˜­ Super slumpy, legs weak, and now Iā€™m noticing this lump/ inside and slightly outside her belly.
Oh no, Iā€™m so sorry to hear this. Maybe @Isaac 0 or @Miss Lydia will be able to help you out. I havenā€™t gone through this with Bobbles, so Iā€™m sorry I donā€™t have advice to offer. But Iā€™m praying little Juniper will pull through. :fl

Today juniper is 3.9 oz... but- I feel like maybe her head is growing more Than her body.... also, she has this little lump... šŸ„ŗ I was starting to think we were getting out of the woods, but something isnā€™t right. She just isnā€™t looking so hot Today šŸ˜­ Super slumpy, legs weak, and now Iā€™m noticing this lump/ inside and slightly outside her belly.
Even humans go through a time when their head to body ratio is off, she is gaining. If she gained all that weight in her head alone then either she's studying hard or her head is grossly big.

If she starts to look extra sleepy or she begins to shiver then I would get some mollasses or sugar water into her. The brain needs glucose aka sugar (glucose is it's sole food) if she doesn't have enough then her brain will quit telling her essential organs to function.

If she's not getting everything she needs out of her food then it'll effect her overall body, so it's still a possibility that her body is trying to make up for lost time and that's why she's extra tuckered out. I'm not sure why her legs would be weak unless she is niacin deficient. Keep trying, she's doing okay. Giving her food of different nutrient types may also help, eggs for protein and amino acids, greens for vitamins and minerals, in my experience she'll know what she needs.

Keep an eye on that lump, not sure why it's there but definitely monitor it.

Even humans go through a time when their head to body ratio is off, she is gaining. If she gained all that weight in her head alone then either she's studying hard or her head is grossly big.

If she starts to look extra sleepy or she begins to shiver then I would get some mollasses or sugar water into her. The brain needs glucose aka sugar (glucose is it's sole food) if she doesn't have enough then her brain will quit telling her essential organs to function.

If she's not getting everything she needs out of her food then it'll effect her overall body, so it's still a possibility that her body is trying to make up for lost time and that's why she's extra tuckered out. I'm not sure why her legs would be weak unless she is niacin deficient. Keep trying, she's doing okay. Giving her food of different nutrient types may also help, eggs for protein and amino acids, greens for vitamins and minerals, in my experience she'll know what she needs.

Keep an eye on that lump, not sure why it's there but definitely monitor it.
thank you so much AGAIN šŸ™šŸ½ @Everose
ill go back to direct dosing the nutri drench... maybe I stopped that too soon? I was Adding it to their water only after a few days of direct dosing but maybe she Does need more šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø. Iā€™ll offer some more greens too. The lump on the outside almost seems like her belly button?! I dunno why it would still be there though...
I appreciate you!

Is there any drainage coming from where her umblicus was? How long has the lump been there? @shawluvsbirds could this be an infection? I surely don't want to scare you that is not my intenet. Just worrisome with what your describing. @Isaac 0 ,@WVduckchick
@Pyxis these have done alot more hatching than I and may have more experience with this.

this Has been quite the yo-yo baby raising... but- junipur pulled through and is finally GROWING! thanks yā€™all šŸ˜­

Attachments

• BCE61841-2C1F-47EF-8772-5855D97BE039.jpeg
    BCE61841-2C1F-47EF-8772-5855D97BE039.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 7
this Has been quite the yo-yo baby raising... but- junipur pulled through and is finally GROWING! thanks yā€™all šŸ˜­
Wonderful news! Little Juniper a sweetie! Iā€™m so glad that she is doing good! looks like she sure has grown! Youā€™ve done such a great job!:ya:love

My little Dwarf call duckling has started growing more as well! Bobbles is getting feathers right now! He is almost 6 weeks! Still very little but he has definitely grown. :)
1EB4AE79-BF93-4D95-842F-CB2A48A582DF.jpeg
51AE038E-4C59-4B22-B1F6-788C767EB3E6.jpeg

Wonderful news! Little Juniper a sweetie! Iā€™m so glad that she is doing good! looks like she sure has grown! Youā€™ve done such a great job!:ya:love

My little Dwarf call duckling has started growing more as well! Bobbles is getting feathers right now! He is almost 6 weeks! Still very little but he has definitely grown. :)
View attachment 2666557View attachment 2666559
thank you so much! I feel like all the good vibes help! ā¤ļøšŸ‘šŸ½šŸ™šŸ½
I think juniper is about that same size!!! šŸ˜ƒ she weighed I think 7 oz today... if I remember correctly. boy oh boy is that little duckling of yours adorable! šŸ˜

thank you so much! I feel like all the good vibes help! ā¤ļøšŸ‘šŸ½šŸ™šŸ½
I think juniper is about that same size!!! šŸ˜ƒ she weighed I think 7 oz today... if I remember correctly. boy oh boy is that little duckling of yours adorable! šŸ˜
Of course! I bet they do! I think they sure helped out with little Bobbles! I am going to weigh Bobbles to see what heā€™s at today! Thanks so much! Little Juniper is absolutely adorable as well! :loveā¤ļø

Was really pleased to read this thread. We have a tiny one, called Bob! Hatched 10 runners over 2 days nearly 4 weeks ago and Bob was the last to hatch. He was a bit smaller than the rest and looked a bit dazed for a week or so. Fed him separately for a while and still makes sure he gets his share of peas.
He runs around, eats and drinks with the others, is growing but very slowly. His breathing does seem a little heavy, but nothing else appears wrong. This picture was taken just after bathtime tonight

Attachments

• 0A5172D6-03C0-494E-88D6-4E934DD48FA5.jpeg
    0A5172D6-03C0-494E-88D6-4E934DD48FA5.jpeg
    450.3 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom