Duckling piped at wrong end, HELP

Dec 29, 2019
It’s been a little over 24 hours since this duckling piped. When it piped it never broke the membrane and was completely silent. I was worried it wasn’t getting enough air so I broke the membrane for it and it seemed to be doing fine. All the shell that you see missing from the egg is my doing and not the ducklings. It’s only quaked five times since it piped and it’s been opening and closing its mouth the whole time. I know I probably have nothing to worry about, but only 2 of the five eggs I put in where fertile and the the 1st duckling was to big and died inside the egg, so I just REALLY want to make sure this duckling survives. Does everything look alright, and should I help the duckling any further?

It’s been a little over 24 hours since this duckling piped. When it piped it never broke the membrane and was completely silent. I was worried it wasn’t getting enough air so I broke the membrane for it and it seemed to be doing fine. All the shell that you see missing from the egg is my doing and not the ducklings. It’s only quaked five times since it piped and it’s been opening and closing its mouth the whole time. I know I probably have nothing to worry about, but only 2 of the five eggs I put in where fertile and the the 1st duckling was to big and died inside the egg, so I just REALLY want to make sure this duckling survives. Does everything look alright, and should I help the duckling any further?
I had a chick pip last night at the wrong end. It should be fine.
20210331_201212.jpg
I'd suggest giving until tomorrow, & see if it progresses, or not. If it fails, then you should be able to assist it then.

Back
Top Bottom