Baby goose piped and hasn’t done anything sense.

gyzmo

Chirping
Mar 10, 2024
My geese started laying so I decided to incubate some of the eggs. I’ve never incubated geese before but I thought it wouldn’t be too different to hatching chickens which I have done several times before. I’ve kept to heat up and the humidity where it should be and Tuesday night one piped. I went out of town and had someone else watching my animals and showed her how to use the incubator but I got back today to find out that nothings changed since I’d left besides another one starting to pip as well and seems to be struggling a bit too. Should I help them yet? It’s been four days now and I thought it wouldn’t take this long. Should I be worried? I’ve had to help a chick before but don’t want to assist till I know it’s needed..should I help this gosling?

How many days are they at?
I never kept track which I will change this next time. I opened up the incubator to find they both died yesterday. So I put new eggs in the incubator and I’m hoping that the out come will be different this time:)

I never kept track which I will change this next time. I opened up the incubator to find they both died yesterday. So I put new eggs in the incubator and I’m hoping that the out come will be different this time:)
It's REALLY important to keep track of eggs when doing the incubator as far as EXACT DAYS.

That is sad about the geese eggs.
I'm doing chicks for very first.time[ day 19] and I've kept a diary...candle checked ect...I've seen movement so I am very hopeful in 2 days I will have baby chickies!

It's REALLY important to keep track of eggs when doing the incubator as far as EXACT DAYS.

That is sad about the geese eggs.
I'm doing chicks for very first.time[ day 19] and I've kept a diary...candle checked ect...I've seen movement so I am very hopeful in 2 days I will have baby chickies!
That super exciting! We just hatched chicks and our hatching more geese right now! They are due in a few weeks so fingers crossed:)

Back
Top Bottom