Pics
That is Miss Photogenic ❤ Mealworm poop! She’s so precious
Oh thank goodness, its mealworm poop!! I'll let my partner know, they've been scared to death. I really hope other people find this thread too- since everything you've all been saying has been so helpful.
I was soooo excited when I got those pictures... I'm still giddy just thinking about her sweet little face! I'll definitely take more when we get her outside again tomorrow. Haven't weighed her since the day before yesterday- so I'll definitely do that tonight and post it so we have it recorded. Take care, @Miss Lydia !

Y’all have done a great job with her you should be very satisfied with how she looks and how she’s thriving. Let us know how much she weighs.

Thank you so much. We wouldn’t have been able to do it without you! 💖
Just weighed her, she’s just around 111 grams. It’s getting hard to weigh her since she’s getting so big!

Aww she’s doing great! ❤ More pics when you can!
You bet! ✨ We're gonna take her outside for a bath and a run-around later, so expect some cute ones! My three hens have acknowledged the little duckie's existence- but we haven't let them interact yet. I'm hoping that by allowing them to see each other- they'll be more inclined to welcome CCP into their flock when she/he grows up. If they do, we'll very likely be able to keep CCP, which is something my partner is really truly hoping for. I'll definitely keep you updated on that- and since she's getting bigger, its much more relevant to talk about now.

@casportpony @Isaac 0
@Miss Lydia
Hey you guys. Important update- CCP has been doing good, except he ran out of his proper food the day before yesterday, so we had to quickly improvise and give him layer feed again for the time being. This has been the only thing he’s been eating besides pieces of a baby cake treat. His proper food will be in today, thank god. However- we noticed this poop.
F7395256-0D0C-4819-AD78-46C3361926DE.jpeg
And this poop.
FA5F20EA-BA0E-4D63-BB1D-A5970DCDECDD.jpeg
My guess is that it’s the layer feed- but he also ate a very small snail outside yesterday, and had been eating small leaves, too. Could there be a blockage? What are the chances that the state of the poop is due to the layer feed, and will go away when he gets his proper food today? And if not- we have ACV and a probiotic ready- would those two things have the capability to help him? We will call a vet if his poops don’t clear up after feeding him his proper food later tonight. We will also have chick grit, as well- since he’s reached nearly 7 weeks of age.

Your help is much appreciated, as always. Best wishes to all three of you.

@casportpony @Isaac 0
@Miss Lydia
Hey you guys. Important update- CCP has been doing good, except he ran out of his proper food the day before yesterday, so we had to quickly improvise and give him layer feed again for the time being. This has been the only thing he’s been eating besides pieces of a baby cake treat. His proper food will be in today, thank god. However- we noticed this poop.
View attachment 2228231
And this poop.
View attachment 2228238
My guess is that it’s the layer feed- but he also ate a very small snail outside yesterday, and had been eating small leaves, too. Could there be a blockage? What are the chances that the state of the poop is due to the layer feed, and will go away when he gets his proper food today? And if not- we have ACV and a probiotic ready- would those two things have the capability to help him? We will call a vet if his poops don’t clear up after feeding him his proper food later tonight. We will also have chick grit, as well- since he’s reached nearly 7 weeks of age.

Your help is much appreciated, as always. Best wishes to all three of you.

UPDATE:

Totally recovered with time and getting back on the food he’s supposed to be on! Thank you both so much. He’s doing great, and he pooped like there’s no tomorrow! 😂

Back
Top Bottom