Duckling puke

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by duckmama84, Apr 22, 2016.

1. duckmama84

duckmama84 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2016
    Mechanicsville, Virginia
    Hello all, my first official post, besides my "Im new" post.

So ducklings just got out of the bath, they are a guesstimate of about 3ish weeks old. I blow dried them dry, I had to move one off me, and as I moved him he threw up (I say "he" but we're still uncertain of that, too). It was mostly water, some food. I quickly googled and found some posts on here of others having the same question. He seems fine now, but Im thinking maybe he drank too much water in the bath and I accidently rubbed his crop, causing him to throw up?

Please someone help put my mind to ease.

[​IMG]

Heres Lily and Marshall ♡

2. DuckGirl77

DuckGirl77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2016
    Welcome to BYC. One of my ducklings would throw up water sometimes, too, when we picked her up. Now I just tell everyone that they can't pick up the ducklings if they are or have just been eating or drinking, and she hasn't thrown up since. I know with chickens (I don't know if it's the same with ducks) if they drink too much water at once, they'll throw some up. I think you're right; he probably drank too much in the bath and just threw up when you bumped his crop. By the way, I just love the your duck's names. They are really cute, too.[​IMG]

3. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Yes, ducklings will slosh if you pick them up after they just drank quite a bit.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by