Duckling screams when pooping!?!!??

Bluesamantha26

Songster
Apr 13, 2022
Tumwater, Washington
Hi all,

So I started out with a clutch of 28 all hatched beautifully and all but three were rehomed. I have been noticing somewhat of a Yelp or screech from one of the ducklings. I figured one of them was picking on one of the others or something of that nature so I keep them next to my bed to keep an eye on them. I finally witnessed and identified the screecher and it is not from being picked on but from pooping. The duckling seems fine acts just like the others and the poops look normal so can anybody help me with why? It's the oddest thing I swear! Tummy looks fine vent looks fine, I'm at a loss.

Do you wet their crumbles or feed dry? Is the water next to their food?
Do they have access to water and food 24/7?
I wet their feed, they're getting Purina pellets in mash form and the water is literally right next to the food. there are only three ducklings and I have a gallon waterer that I constantly keep filled and clean. Of course they don't get anywhere near empty before it needs to be cleaned hahaha

Can you get a picture of this little ones poop? does he scream everytime? is he eating good for his age?
As far as I have noticed he eats everytime the others do, does seem to always be the last to the bowl tho. I can try to get a picture after I'm done with some HW assignments. They are also in shavings but I haven't seen any shavings in poop when I take them out to run around or during bath time so I don't think he is eating them. He poops often but don't they all? Hahaha

Back
Top Bottom