Duckling screams when pooping!?!!??

IMG20230507224845.jpg
IMG20230507224832.jpg
IMG20230507224821.jpg

And you can see of feel any blockage?
I can't see any blockage but it felt like there might have been some. I just held him on my tummy on his back and rubbed him belly for 20 minutes till he fell asleep. I did give him some more coconut oil and as soon as I place him back in the brooder he let out a projectile poop!with another loud WOOOOOooo 😮🥺
IMG20230507235017.jpg

How much coconut oil are you giving this duckling? Does it seem to be helping?

Maybe and this is just a guess but there may have been a blockage inside similar to pasty butt outside and your massages and the oil is breaking it loose?

Sweet baby pic.

How much coconut oil are you giving this duckling? Does it seem to be helping?

Maybe and this is just a guess but there may have been a blockage inside similar to pasty butt outside and your massages and the oil is breaking it loose?

Sweet baby pic.
He is still only about a week old now so I put some on my finger nail and right in the end of his bill.im actually wondering if his intestines are linked near the end possibly? Because he poops plenty and none seem to be hard or too thick.

I noticed your water is only a little chick water one
Ducks need water deep enough to dunk their whole head
Take a plastic container and cut holes in the lid so they can’t jump in but can get head in to clear nares and eyes
I only use the chick one for the first week and keep the deeper one in along with the smaller one
Also please take pics of his vent
My guess is he is a little blocked
Are you feeding any treats ? If so what kind and do you provide chick grit ?

Attachments

• 69381FC7-41C3-4C45-B05F-6FBA0A264166.png
    69381FC7-41C3-4C45-B05F-6FBA0A264166.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • 0323AE0B-E37B-4497-9923-5DFF6690CBC2.png
    0323AE0B-E37B-4497-9923-5DFF6690CBC2.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
I noticed your water is only a little chick water one
Ducks need water deep enough to dunk their whole head
Take a plastic container and cut holes in the lid so they can’t jump in but can get head in to clear nares and eyes
I only use the chick one for the first week and keep the deeper one in along with the smaller one
Also please take pics of his vent
My guess is he is a little blocked
Are you feeding any treats ? If so what kind and do you provide chick grit ?
Hi! The waterer is a gallon one and they have been able to get their whole faces in pretty well, they just reached a week old yesterday and I'm planning on putting them in my outside brooder maybe tomorrow, with a shallow pool. I have had them in a very large tote raised up next to my bed to keep a constant eye on them and so I can handle them as much as possible. Vent is completely clear but I'll take a picture for peace of mind. They have been getting to swim in the tub at least once a day for the past two days also. I did give them minced organic kale 3 days ago do you think that could have caused some kind of issue?

Hi! The waterer is a gallon one and they have been able to get their whole faces in pretty well, they just reached a week old yesterday and I'm planning on putting them in my outside brooder maybe tomorrow, with a shallow pool. I have had them in a very large tote raised up next to my bed to keep a constant eye on them and so I can handle them as much as possible. Vent is completely clear but I'll take a picture for peace of mind. They have been getting to swim in the tub at least once a day for the past two days also. I did give them minced organic kale 3 days ago do you think that could have caused some kind of issue?
The waterer in the picture is not deep do you have a second one in there ?
I’m not sure about the kale but I do see shavings in the feed and water
Wondering if baby maybe ate some and has a block inside
When yoy have the oil it released some
Can you pick up chick grit and keep a small bowl of it in there
I don’t use the shavings till week 2-3 once they start to chew at the puppy pads then I set both feed and water in cake pans to help eliminate the shavings getting in
It’s almost impossible to fully stop it but sure helps a lot

I usually use puppy pads but I wasn't prepared I'm a full-time student and my dog of 10 years was diagnosed with imha last month so I've been stretched pretty thin emotionally and financially. I will get some chicken grit just in case and some puppy pads before I head to class in a few hours. Havnt been able to sleep between worrying about the duckling and my dog

Back
Top Bottom