Duckling Smells/Sickness

Amylou423

Hatching
Sep 23, 2020
šŸ˜¢ Can anyone please tell me what could have been wrong with my baby duckling purchases from Tractor Supply. I am mostly concerned because I have other baby ducks and chickens as well as adults that have been around this little duck.

I purchased it from Tractor Supply a day ago little blue ducks. Getting the four of them home I noticed they were picking on a smaller one, so I take him out to hold him and he is just weak so I assume he is dehydrated and offers some Niacin some hydration water for chickens and ducks. As I hold him I notice a horrible smell kind of reminded me of a decaying-like smell. None of the others had this smell. I keep them this size inside with me so there is nowhere he could have gotten this smell from. Needless to say he died a few minutes ago and I have no clue if it was an infection that will hurt the others or what it is???

AMy šŸ˜Ŗ

Im so sorry to hear about the loss of your duckling :hugs
He may have had an infection or an internal issue causing the smell. I would just keep an eye on the others for the next few days, but I'm sure they will be ok.

Back
Top Bottom