Duckling sneezing

Nope I haven't but I know they can get feed stuck or dust will make them sneeze so hopefully what ever it was she took care of it in the tub. They can be little piggies with their feed so always possibility of feed getting up in their nares.
That would be my guess too.

full
Glad the bath helped and duckling could take care of it her/himself.

WOAH !!! I just had an epiphany!!! They've only been sneezing since yesterday morning...... Yesterday morning I put puppy pee pads in to absorb some water/poop...... It's possible that the pads have a anti odor or scent on them.... This could be one of the things causing the sneezing!!!
possibly detergent that you wash towels in?

If there is something stuck in the duckling's nostrils, a bath in 2-3 inch warm water will definitely give them the chance to get it out themselves. What kind of towels are you using? Sometimes old towels have lint and little duckies put their little bills to use on almost anything.
Another reason can be a simple cold! - Wait, you say i carefully installed the heat-lamp and check the temperature ten times a day - but have you checked for a possible flow of cold(er) air flowing into the brooder from somewhere? Could be as simple as an open window or a leaky closet…
The same simple precaution for colds as for humans works for duck(ling)s too: Ascorbic-acid, also known as Vitamin C. You cannot overdose! Application as a powder into the drinking water or (preferred by my ducklings!) in form of juicy red tomato sliders…
Hi there, stalking this post because my two new ducklings are sneezing a little bit. I’m not sure if something is stuck and later in the day when it heats up I’m going to take them outside to explore and play in some warm water but I’m worried they have a cold. I came in this morning and the heat was off. Don’t know if it was all night or when it happened but it definitely was chilly for them. You say they can have tomato slices for vitamin C? They are 5 days old! Let me know and I’ll pick some up when shopping this weekend! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom