Duckling unable to walk correctly and having seizures!!!

Salygar

Hatching
Mar 16, 2018
My duckling (american pekin) is deficient in niacin and began having seizures! She is very off balance and can barely walk. The first day it was only 2, the second day, she had 10 within 5 hours, all anywhere from 10-25 minutes apart. The 3rd day she had 2, and today she also had 2. When the seizures began they lasted only 2-3 minutes and happened very frequently, only minutes apart. As the days went by she has had less seizures so far but now they'e lasting up to 8 minutes! Throughout this, we have been giving her niacin in her food, brewers yeast, and giving her pedyalite. Her walking doesnt seem to be improving, however, she can swim just fine. Do the seizures hurt her? How will I know she's getting better and how long will it Take for her to recover? Will this leave permanent damage? Am I doing something wrong? Please help!

Try B-complex and vitamin E 400iu with a sliver of selenium in addition to what you're doing. This poor little thing could be acquiring brain damage with so many seizures, so it's important to throw everything at this you have in your bag.

Try B-complex and vitamin E 400iu with a sliver of selenium in addition to what you're doing. This poor little thing could be acquiring brain damage with so many seizures, so it's important to throw everything at this you have in your bag.
Thank you so much I'll have to try this asap!

Back
Top Bottom