-duckling video- choking? sneeze? blockage? Is something wrong?

Did you look under her tongue? Might have food lodged under.

I did not. I'm finding a popsicle stick to move her tongue or at least something not sharp
Check her jaws too.

Ok will do.

I really have no idea how to look except for just opening her mouth. Is there an article in the learning center or a sticky some where?

Im checking youtube as we speak and will search forums on how to check everything.

--

I do have a small syringe it goes by ml. I have no ky, but do have coconut oil and olive oil. I also have Crisco shortening but that doesn't seem like something a duck should have.

I know I had small tubing, still looking for that if I didn't toss it

You could wrap Her in a towel like a burrito then you can gently open her mouth check under her tongue feel the outside of her face first how does it feel ? Maybe @casportpony knows of a better way to check her out.

I'm thinking I'll just use my finger instead of a tool. That way i can feel something too .. after washing them of course

:celebrate:eek::bow:love:wee

Holy cow I found a string!!!!! It was wrapped around her bottom bill and slowly tightening every time she swallowed! No wonder she wouldn't eat! Thats what was causing the swelling ! I wrapped her in a burrito and was giving her electrolytes and water when I saw something come out of her mouth down by the swelling. I cut it in half then removed what I could see, I did not yank it out as I have no idea how far diwn it went. She immediately started talking and drank and had some food soup.

Hopefully there is no other blockage or problems and we can heal.

What should I be looking for now? Signs of infection? No poop? Lame, no eating etc?? Can I put polysporin or some ointment on her bill where the string was cutting in?

I will keep checking her mouth for more string?! I wonder if her tongue is swollen too?? I couldn't tell if it was under or over tongue, it happened very quickly once I saw it.

Afterwards

She keeps itching her throat. I think it's bath time

:celebrate:eek::bow:love:wee

Holy cow I found a string!!!!! It was wrapped around her bottom bill and slowly tightening every time she swallowed! No wonder she wouldn't eat! Thats what was causing the swelling ! I wrapped her in a burrito and was giving her electrolytes and water when I saw something come out of her mouth down by the swelling. I cut it in half then removed what I could see, I did not yank it out as I have no idea how far diwn it went. She immediately started talking and drank and had some food soup.

Hopefully there is no other blockage or problems and we can heal.

What should I be looking for now? Signs of infection? No poop? Lame, no eating etc?? Can I put polysporin or some ointment on her bill where the string was cutting in?

I will keep checking her mouth for more string?! I wonder if her tongue is swollen too?? I couldn't tell if it was under or over tongue, it happened very quickly once I saw it.

Afterwards

She keeps itching her throat. I think it's bath time
That is so great!

Back
Top Bottom