Duckling with a crooked neck.... *Pic added*

Good to hear all these good success stories with chicks/ducks like this. Gives me some hope that he's going to be okay.

So, I should be giving him....

Brewers Yeast,
Naicin,
Vitamin E,
and poly-vi-sol Infant drops?

That seems like soo many things to be giving him.... is that ok?

I've dealt with wry neck in several ducklings at this point. It's a pain to treat, but is completely curable as long as you're diligent about giving the vitamins.

Here's what I do:

1. Vitamin E gel cap: Cut the tip off the end, and squeeze one down its throat, morning and night.

2. Get a B Complex vitamin. If you can find it in a gel cap, do the same as above, once a day. If you can't find it in a gel cap, crush it into powder and put it in the duckling's water, once a day.

Treatment usually takes about three weeks, start to finish. You won't see any improvement for the first week, then you'll see almost overnight improvement the second week. Keep giving the vitamins for at least a week after the neck straightens.

Good luck!

Alright, this is what I did:

I held his beak open and squirted as much of the Vitamin E in it as possible. About half of the entire thing got in. A lot ended on my fingers but I got quite a bit in the beak.

I crushed up one Niacin and put it in a little dish of water. ( I am hand feeding him with a tiny lab syringe) So, I took a syringe full of niacin water and got him to drink as much of it as possible. I think I got a lot of that in his mouth too but not all of it.

Can I put some of the leftover niacin or niacin water in his food? Or is that maybe too much?

I think you are doing right as far as putting the niacin in his food and water, I would open the whole capsule, it's just hard to know for sure how much they eat or drink.
I would do it again in the morning and maybe 3 times a day....
I know the Poly Vi Sol vitamins have a little of everything in case you can get those too, makes it more easier to know they are getting all the vitamins.
You are doing great!! Good Luck!

Thank you! I Really hope this works for this poor little guy. I tried to get the poly-vi-sol but is was just so darn expensive! I am going to go around and see if I can get it cheaper. So I will have to give him the poly-vi-sol along with the E and Niacin?

Back
Top Bottom