Duckling with a crooked neck.... *Pic added*

That's what I did, I gave him all three, the infant viamins will last forever especially if you ever need them for any ducks or chicks that need the extra vitamin boost. Just remember to get it WITHOUT IRON!! Not sure if anywhere would have the store brand of the Poly Vi Sol, but it might be worth checking!

Good Luck!

Thought I would add a picture or two on here showing his neck.

55303_img_6842.jpg

(He is the one farthest to the right)

55303_img_6852.jpg

He is a very good swimmer, surprisingly but he is very small compared to the others, but he is also two or three days younger.

If it is wry neck, he doesn't have it nearly as bad as our did, I think giving him the vitamins will make a big difference in a week or two!
He looks alot like ours did after a week of treament. I'll see if I can post a pic of ours.

Yep, he is doing great now, the only way you can tell him from his brother, is he's a little bit smaller, but not much, his neck is perfect, you would never know he had wry neck.
My 4 yr old who watched the whole thing and helped give him meds, still says today that he's special and how happy he is that his "neck isn't twisted anymore", his name is Ollie, for Oliver Twist.

Aw good. How did your guy eat or drink??

Also, I am having trouble giving him the vitamins. He's not swallowing them completely....is that normal? I am just worried that he isn't getting any...

It is normal that they don't get them all down, that's why we gave them to him three times a day to be sure he was getting them.
I had to hold his beak open to get him the vitamin E and infant vitamins and sprinkled the others in his food. The first few days, we had to go in there every few hours to make him drink and eat, we sprinkled food on the paper towels so no matter where he was, he could get some and had a very shallow dish to wash it down with, but had a deeper one we "supervised" him using. I was so scared he'd fall into the water and not be able to get his head out, he really could only walk in circles or flop on his back the first week. The pic was when he was getting better, his neck looked like it was attached to his back. Just keep doing what you are doing, it will pay off in the end when you can't tell him from the others!

Back
Top Bottom