How old is he now? the voice might mean drake although it's usually a little louder.
so when he has on the spacer he walks kinda of normal. Poor guy is struggling though do you also have other ducks for company for this one?

How old is he now? the voice might mean drake although it's usually a little louder.
so when he has on the spacer he walks kinda of normal. Poor guy is struggling though do you also have other ducks for company for this one?
He is 3 months old. Previously he was with his brothers and sisters, then I freed them in the urban stream of my town with the help of other people. I previously saved them from death because their 2 mothers didn't want to brood them anymore, so I brought home more than 20 eggs. I made a cardboard incubator; a dozen of eggs hatched.

The duck in the video is the only one we failed to cure. Three of his siblings had the crooked neck but we fix that successfully. He is the only one I can't bring back where he should have been born, so I'm going to leave him to a friend of mine who lives in the countryside this September. I'm sad but we I can't keep him because I already have four dogs, one rabbit and a cat! I don't even have the right amount of space for a duck.

We put some domestic mallard ducks in the torrent early this year, because we are trying to create a sort of oasis with the help of citizens. People think they are feral, but they're not. 😁

I'm glad your not releasing him that would probably be a death sentence. Thats so amazing you had 12 hatch.
Sounds like you have done a great job with all of them getting them over wry neck. This little one may never be 100% but can still have a good life in the right circumstances.

I'm glad your not releasing him that would probably be a death sentence. Thats so amazing you had 12 hatch.
Sounds like you have done a great job with all of them getting them over wry neck. This little one may never be 100% but can still have a good life in the right circumstances.
What can I do with the crooked wing insted?

Back
Top Bottom