I would def try and make a separator to use to set the legs in normal position. That along with the B complex should help. Such a precious little one. Also water therapy is a great way to help them gain muscle strength in their legs.

Poor baby!! I agree with what Miss Lydia said!! Make sure she's getting the vitamins every day, water exercise - getting warm and dry right after, and if you could configure something to hold his legs in proper position, that would help. I know it's probably hard to do that.

I want to let you know that I hobbled my duckling four days ago. He has an energetic spirit, tries to walk and even attacks another duckling if he finds him around. The only flaw is that he tends to put a foot behind different times. Yesterday, the Vitamin B complex was delivered me and I'm going to start the treatmen soon.

IMG_20230615_125131.jpg

That's great! I think once he's getting the vitamin B you'll see good results. I would start it right away! You can give it over treats and foods, just make sure he gets the full dose of 1 ml, and don't worry if he gets a little extra - their bodies just flush out whatever is not needed.

Hi everyone. Two days ago I removed the spacer in order to let my duckling swimming in the bathtube, but nothing has changed; he has one feet onto the other again. When he has the spacer on he can walk, even though he holds a paw oriented inwards (that's what really concerns me). I gave him the vitamin B both orally and through water almost every day. I should build a more stable spacer. The Etsy product that you linked me is very expensive; the seller want me to pay an expensive shipping fee because I'm in Europe. I have to figure out something new. 😤

You can’t find anything over there like Etsy?
I’m very sorry the liquid b b complex didn’t help. I would keep giving it to him though. Is it possible to make one like on Etsy?

You can’t find anything over there like Etsy?
I’m very sorry the liquid b b complex didn’t help. I would keep giving it to him though. Is it possible to make one like on Etsy?
I put a longer spacer some weeks ago but one foot hemorrhaged because the bend was too tight; I removed the spacer until it was healed. In the meanwhile, I made him take a bath every day. Today I'm going to apply the spacer again. I should have immobilized the duck when was younger.

I hope the spacer works. You’re doing such a good job caring for this duckling. How’s he doing other wise eating good etc. does he like the tub or pool?

I hope the spacer works. You’re doing such a good job caring for this duckling. How’s he doing other wise eating good etc. does he like the tub or pool?
Hi, I'm still alive. The spacer does a decent job when my duck waears it (i.e. all the time). He or she likes the tub because it's only source I have.

I would like to show you a video that I purposely shot in order to watch what type of issue my duck could have:
He/she has been having an hoarse voice for four weeks and I do not know if it is due to growth. He/she also has his/her right wing misaligned. I keep him/her in a small cage during the night and I put him/her in my garden during the day.

Attachments

• IMG_20230812_174616.jpg
    IMG_20230812_174616.jpg
    663.3 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom